Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bought Dead Like Me season 1 & 2 at Parramatta Music fair a few months back. Forgot how much I loved that show. Mandy Patinkin is awesome, hence my sig

Hannibal returned with season 2 last weekend. I so want to like this show but he's so damn hard to understand at times due to his accent. Google a clip and you'll see what I mean.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hannibal returned with season 2 last weekend. I so want to like this show but he's so damn hard to understand at times due to his accent. Google a clip and you'll see what I mean.
    I agree, though for me it was just so slow paced. I gave up after 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    True Detective. Wow! I watched the first ep last night and... wow! With two Hollywood A-listers, I hope they can keep it going.
    True Detective is super good, new episode out today and last one comes out next week. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Another show that just started up is 'Rick & Morty'. Well worth watching.
    I was surprised at how good Rick & Morty is. It's been on break but I think new eps start back up in a week or two. They've been putting them up on YouTube (legitimately) after they air.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I agree, though for me it was just so slow paced. I gave up after 3 episodes.
    Very pleased to have Hannibal back, easily one of the best new shows from last year.

"The Checkout" on ABC weeknights at 6.30pm... probably not too many episodes left as they are now into the second season. Demonac put me onto this show, and it should be required viewing as it covers dodgy marketing and products, as well as consumer rights when buying products or signing up to anything financial.

Megatran Guest

I've only started to watch 'The Checkout' as well. Brilliant. Quirky and funny & great ABC cast. FU-Tube is a great segment.

Finally finished watching 2006/7 Saiyuuki --- mild spoiler warning ---

At the end of the last episode, Sanzouhoushi (Tripitaka), Son Gokuu (Monkey), Sa Gojou (Sandy) and Cho Hakkai (Pigsy) escape from the baddies. Weary and beaten, they see a man sitting with his back facing towards them drinking from a big bottle of water. Gokuu begs him to give them a drink, but he ignores their pleas and continues drinking. Gokuu rushes at him, but the old man lifts the bottle causing Gokuu to trip over and fall. As Gokuu looks up, the old man is laughing at him, but the audience sees that the old man is played by Sakai Masaaki, who of course played the original Son Gokuu/Monkey from the 1978-80 "Monkey" TV series! The old man then picks up Nyoibou (Gokuu's staff) and starts spinning it around just as he did in the old show, and the original "Monkey Magic" theme song starts playing in the background! It is then revealed that the old man is actually Buddha himself, who gives them the Sacred Scrolls (the object of their long quest), and also liberates Gokuu by removing the golden ring from his head, and even remarking, "This thing really hurts, doesn't it?"

That's gotta be one of the best TV cameos evah!
    Click here to watch the cameo scene!

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post

Also Firebite is worth a watch. Another take on vampire trope based on an actual historical occurrence.

And of course, Book of Boba Fett. Havent yet seen the much-lauded Ep 6. (Had 4 people message me about it Thurs/Fri, so it must be good).
    I heard about firebite. Looks like a really interesting concept. Didn't realise it was out already. Must find a way to watch it.

Must you have watched Mandorolian to go to Bobb Fett? I just couldn't get into Mando for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

Must you have watched Mandorolian to go to Bobb Fett? I just couldn't get into Mando for some reason.
    Seriously? Can't say I've heard that very often. I didnt however warm to BoBF until episode 4.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Seriously? Can't say I've heard that very often. I didnt however warm to BoBF until episode 4.
    I've read that around that people couldn't get into Fett early. I was personally. Yes latest episode is indeed awesome. Next one is the finale I hear too, so should be epic.

Mandolorian is worth getting invested in before watching Fett though too