Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 109119124125126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Saw the ads for Resident Alien a while back, finally created a 9NOW account to watch it in our Google box. Didn't know it was a comic book, but damn is it just funny and brilliant. Alan Tudyk is a talented actor

I watched the first episode. Think nine missed out on a winner with that not airing on free to air

If it wasn't on main TV, shoulda been. It's got a second season coming too. Wish it was on a better streaming service because the 9NOW sucks

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    If it wasn't on main TV, shoulda been. It's got a second season coming too. Wish it was on a better streaming service because the 9NOW sucks
    I'd expect it to show up on regular tv eventually, as they seem to put certain programs on streaming services to get people to sign up to them... and it is more difficult to avoid the commercials on there, so they probably get revenue from each commercial that is screened on there. It just might take a couple years though, as programs that were exclusive to 10play are now showing up on channel 10 (like Twilight Zone from 2-3 years ago, which started screening 3 weeks ago), and Star Trek Discovery from 2 years ago, currently from Paramount Plus, which might have been on 10play as well when CBS bought out network Ten.

They showed the first episode(s) on regular old Channel 9 earlier this year (back in April) as a once-off "sneak preview" and then told you to watch the rest on 9Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They showed the first episode(s) on regular old Channel 9 earlier this year (back in April) as a once-off "sneak preview" and then told you to watch the rest on 9Now.
    Ah, sneaky buggers. That was probably the advert I woulda seen back then.

The ads are impossible to avoid, and repetitive. But that's why the service is free because they get revenue with ads. Just wish they'd invest some money into the app itself because it's crap.

10play did that too with The Twilight Zone, showing one episode on channel 10 a couple years ago and then telling us to join up to 10play if we wanted to watch the rest.

Binged on 3rd Rock from the Sun again, do every so often. The show was brilliant, still laugh alot. Clever jokes, and heaps of cool easter eggs. One great one I always loved was when John Cleese comes back in one of the last episodes dressed as a black knight. And one of the few shows that ended well

Finished off American Horror Story Apocalypse. Found it rather enjoyable and a tad mind bending with the way it linked back to earlier American Horror seasons. Which I thought were separate stories. Made me have to looks back and do some googling as to who was what and other things. Then to my surprise I found out the antagonist of the series was an Australian actor called Cody Fern. Good on ya mate.
    TBH I've generally enjoyed AHS. Their idea of new settings each season with the same actos playing different roles tickles my fancy. And stuff with Kathy Bates is just great!

Will be checking out the next series now fer sure!!

Not that short by modern/streaming TV seasons, short compared to older US free-to-air season model though.

I'm hoping that Discovery Season 4 airs on Netflix here like the first three seasons did, as I'm not interested in a Paramount+ subscription.
    Sadly, they've confirmed today that Discovery season 4 is going to Paramount+ and also delayed here until next year not same day as the US at it was on airing Netflix.

Guess I'm with Griffin now, waiting for Channel 10 to air it in on free-to-air in a few years time!