Page 84 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6474798081828384858687888994104 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Flash Season 2 is going fantastic so far.
    Yep.

I wonder why Barry hasn't checked Well's underground lab thingy yet.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Arrow
    Continuum
    The Blacklist
    Humans
    The Last Ship
    Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Yep.

The thing with Gideon?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Yep was having a mind blank forgot what it was called
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I started watching Marvel's Daredevil. Absolutely awesome. The character development is spot on.

Up to episode 8 of 13 at the minute. Hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Yep.

I was thinking that too. I'm also enjoying Gotham. I just wish Bruce Wayne wasn't so wimpy. When is he going to start to toughen up and talk with a gravelly voice.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I started watching Marvel's Daredevil. Absolutely awesome. The character development is spot on.

It's so good. Visceral. The only thing I didn't like is the depiction of the Kingpin - too hesitant, lacking self confidence at times. What's great about the Matt Murdock/Wilson Fisk relationship is that they are both forces of nature, getting by on sheer willpower, and clashing unrelentingly. It's a great pairing. But in the series, Fisk is a bit too wishy-washy.

There's a brilliant fight scene, end of episode 2 I think, a long tracking shot, so brilliantly choreographed.

For me, I've finally watched the first few eps of Agent Carter. Absolutely brilliant.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

A sad day for geeks and nerds all over the world - Mythbusters is ending after the next season (which starts January 2016 in America).

With the show screening on two channels at the same time here, it's hard to know who's got the rights to the most recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post

As Bruce Willis aka John McClane put it "Welcome to the party pal"

It is awesome isn't it
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I watched the first episode of Supergirl yesterday. And just a head's up that either this post contains...

Thoughts:
    Disclaimer: I'm not much of a DC fan, so please excuse me if I talk about something in the show as if it were something new, but it actually originated from the comics

* Okay, I get that there are probably legal reasons why they can't show Superman, and even limitations to how often they can even say his name (as it's a registered trademark), as well as other Superman trademarks. And sure, I get that the show's budget won't allow them to easily hire Henry Cavill -- so for all these reasons we never get a clear show of Superman and his name is rarely directly mentioned. Okay, that's fine. And I understand that they want this show to stand on its own two feet without having to rely too much on Superman, fine. So please don't talk about Superman so much?

* Casting Helen Slater and Dean Cain as Kara Danvers' adoptive parents was very cool!

* Kara's family also built an escape pod for her and launched it shortly after Jor-El launched Kal-El's so that she could watch over him. A poignant allegory for the way that many refugee families are forcibly separated -- in this case, they were fleeing the destruction of Krypton rather than a war. Although in Man of Steel it was kinda both, as Kal El's pod was ejected during Zod's coup. And the end of this episode reveals someone who appears to be Alura's twin sister and Kara's aunt... she gives off a Zod-esque vibe.

* The inclusion of Not-S.H.I.E.L.D. is an interesting one and does help to give the series a more realistic grounding. The presence of alien life forms on Earth, especially a ship full of escaped Phantom Zone convicts, would most likely prompt a secret military response. And it does seem to a more measured response than what we initially saw in Man of Steel, but it may be because they learnt their lessons after dealing with Superman (which was kinda hinted at as well). Although IMHO Not-S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't quite as cool as S.H.I.E.L.D. But hopefully they don't share S.H.I.E.L.D's weakness.

* Much like Slater's Supergirl, Benoit's Supergirl has two distinct flying styles. What I call the "action" style, pretty much same as Superman's, and the "winged" style, where both arms are spread out like wings. This was first developed for the 1984 film to help make Supergirl's flying style look more distinctive from Superman's, as well as more feminine. They also added mid-air ballet which looked silly. Thankfully 2015 Supergirl doesn't do any ballet, but it's cool that she's kept the 'winged' style as a homage to the original Supergirl. And she does it when she's cruising through the air, and not if she has to pick up speed or during fights.

* Something else that they've done to further differentiate Supergirl from Superman --- her heat vision burns blue instead of orange/red.

* Here's something interesting. Kara Danvers has pierced ears. As Supergirl, she sometimes has pierced ears, but sometimes doesn't. They must be fake piercings (extremely strong fake piercings that never fall off) as needless to say that Supergirl's skin is indestructible. And before she got cut by that alien axe, she said that she'd never felt pain or been cut before. Also, she appears to have a healing factor, because her wound heals itself completely as soon as they removed the fragment.

* I find the whole estranged nature between Kara and Kal-El's relationship to be odd. So did Kal-El just find Kara as a child after crashing on Earth, then dumped with the Danvers and fly off never to be seen again? That's kinda slack. Superman too busy to make time for his only surviving blood relation?! Not even a freakin' Skype/Facetime or SMS? Heck, the dude has super-duper-speed... as if he couldn't swing by for a quick visit here and there. Okay, I understand that this cannot be explicitly shown, but they can easily imply or allude to it. Having Jimmy Olsen there as Superman's errand boy just seems a bit weird to me.

* I really do hope that they do manage to work Clark Kent into the series, even as a cameo. It doesn't need to be Henry Cavill, as this series isn't set in the Man of Steel Universe anyway. Clark might be easier to initially work in than Superman, because then he wouldn't always have to be in his trademarked costume and they wouldn't always have to call him by his full name. It could just be a quick visit at the end of an episode where Clark drops by just to see how his cousin's going. They producers can try to work something out later when Superman appears in costume and may even possibly fight alongside Supergirl. Let's face it, fans have wanted to see the two Kryptonians pair up on screen since forever. It was even meant to have happened for the 1984 film. Although Kara and Clark both teamed up together in Smallville, it wasn't the same as they didn't have their full gamut of powers nor their iconic costumes (merely civvies inspired by their costumes). I wanna see something like this! And I wouldn't mind seeing Brandon Routh or Tom Welling being cast as Kal El. They should be cheaper than Cavill, especially Welling (so I imagine)... although Routh is cuter than Welling.