Thread: Reporting Excess Shipping on eBay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Ok, take this eBay auction for example. I was looking to complete a few figures and this seller had a few bits and pieces I needed but wouldn't budge on his postage price and policy. I told him that this would affect his selling to overseas bidders but he didn't seem to care.
    Umm.. If it helps a fellow fan any bit... I managed to pick up a MISB BW Airazor (original and not the transmetal 2 monstrosity) for half the total price of the quoted foot/laser. This one had a typo in the listing. I've seen a few more go for similar prices since.

I do a worldwide eBay search for "Transformers Beast Wars" every week or so and go through maybe a week's worth of listing. Quite enjoy seeing the healthy and consistent number of BW auctions.

That's certainly a worthwhile option - buy a complete toy from a source that doesn't want/worry to protect themselves with expensive shipping rates, and then 'discard' the rest of the toy cheaply to someone else.

From one extreme to another...
    I just received a partial refund from a US seller on my postage. Turns out the actual postage was less than what he had listed.

It was only us$1.75 but it's the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    From one extreme to another...
    I just received a partial refund from a US seller on my postage. Turns out the actual postage was less than what he had listed.

It was only us$1.75 but it's the thought that counts.
    Likewise, I purchased a Chevy Aveo Swerve from a Canadian seller who quoted me $20 USD to send the item but then refunded me $8.75 USD as he had overcharged me - can't complain about that at all!

Similar thing happened to me as well, I bought something off a bloke on TFW and he overquoted on the postage, so he sent refunded me a little bit. THen when he actually sent it, it was even less than that so he sent me a further refund. Added up to around $10, so was really nice of him.

....and we're back to the other extreme.
    Just had to pay $14 postage for two ROTF deluxe figures being sent within Australia.
    When you can get 3kg satchels from Australia Post for $9-10, and I doubt these two figures weigh more than that, then I get very suspicious.
    Needless to say I will be checking postage when it arrives.

Just had to pay $14 postage for two ROTF deluxe figures being sent within Australia.
    When you can get 3kg satchels from Australia Post for $9-10, and I doubt these two figures weigh more than that, then I get very suspicious.
    Are these deluxes MISB? From where are they coming?

One MISB deluxe boxed is over 500g, which means if I was to ship it to WA it would be $10.55, or registered: $13.35. Two deluxes would definitely put it over the 1kg edge meaning that I have to pay based on dimensions which would bring the price to near $14.50 (16.80 registered) even if I have the snuggest of boxes.

What is this 3kg satchel you refer to?

Well, the two loose deluxe movie figures arrived yesterday in a small box with a label saying "postage paid $5.60".... not the $14 I paid.
    In the big scheme of things it is a small amount but I've had several of these and this is the straw that is breaking this camel's back.

Just as a follow-up to Verno or anyone else interested, original Beast Wars Airazor 100% complete:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-...item563a164cc2

4647 point, 100% positive feedback seller; 2 days 11 hours left til finish, around $20 atm.