Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDW's Drift: the Novel

Hasbro is big enough to not know what each department is doing at any one time. The impression that I get is that IDW deals with the Licensing division to get their approvals, and it would be the marketting department that would have later approached them about promoting Drift once they knew it was coming out as a product (which would have been after the Drift Spotlight was released).

Never realised that Shane McCarthy was from Perth - my dad saved the article from the paper to show me last night and I looked at the picture and said oh he's the guy that invented Drift, a completely new character they're making a toy out of. To which my pa replied "oh so you've read it then"

Yeah, so is Trevor Hutchinson, the guy who does the amazing propaganda-poster-style covers.

I think a few of the Perth Ozformers met the two of them and got stuff signed a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Haha!

There are a few good graphic artists from Perth then - the guy that did the original 30 days of night is from here too.

Yeah, that's Ben Templesmith, my best mate's brother in law. He's mostly living in the US these days though.