Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Given how the 1st movie was a success, Bay probably got over confident and went too much his own way in the 2nd one. Hopefully he learnt something from the reactions to the 2nd one, and the 3rd won't be as bad.
Considering that the second movie was a bigger success than the first, if the 3rd one is 'as bad', the people invested in it (Paramount, Hasbro, Bay) will be more than happy with that same winning formual. Box office takings is all that matter to those people, which also determines the future direction of the franchise.

Even if Michael Bay felt there were things wrong with the movie, he (and the other interested parties) won't risk messing with what worked in drawing in the record crowds.
It's just a necessary evil that we end up benefiting from, due to the greater funding now allocated to the toyline, giving us a greater range of toys and a better chance of finding figures that interest us.

I agree with those that are excitedly and optimistically looking forward to the next chapter, when it starts leaking info and teaser trailers. The movies have still been a bit of fun, and entertaining, and I just don't over-estimate my expectations of them.
After all, I love the 1986 movie, but critics and patrons passed on it at the time - and how would fans have reacted to it if the internet existed back then?