View Poll Results: Would you collect Transformers human character action figures?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would collect 10cm GI Joe style figures

13 33.33%
  • I would collect human figures if they were simpler (and maybe smaller)

1 2.56%
  • I would collect non-articulated figurines

0 0%
  • I would collect simpler 10cm figures if they came with a simple Transformer

2 5.13%
  • I would collect very small and simple figures if they came with a complex Transformer

8 20.51%
  • Other

15 38.46%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you collect Transformers human character action figures?

Default Would you collect Transformers human character action figures?

If Hasbro released action figures of human characters from Transformers in the same 1:18 scale as their 10cm action figures (e.g. Marvel, Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Indiana Jones Crystal Skull etc.), would you collect them for at the same RRP (approx. $17-18 per figure)? This is providing that they come with comparable articulation and accessories as a 10cm G.I. Joe figure. So imagine say Takara's Kicker and Gamede, but maybe done like a good 10cm G.I. Joe toy.

Or would you prefer:
    + A cheaper toy even if it's simpler (e.g. less articulation) and maybe smaller.
    + Cheaper small non-articulated figurines (perhaps the size of a Robot Hero, but not necessarily "super deformed cutesy")
    + A simpler toy of the same 1:18 scale that comes with a Transformer (although that Transformer would probably be simplistic) - e.g. Hasbro's Kicker w/ Highwire.
    + A smaller and simpler toy that comes with a more complex Transformer, e.g. Human Alliance.
    ... or something else?

I would collect 10cm figures of human characters if they were made as well as G.I. Joes and at the same price point. If they're going to be as disappointing as some Star Wars and Marvel figures, then I might not. But for the purposes of this poll, let's assume that they would be well made.

I'm curious to see how many of us are just die hard collectors of Transformers as transforming robot toys, or if some of us would be willing to branch out to collect human characters.

Some of you might be willing to collect more than one or all of the above options, but for this poll please select which would be your #1 preference.

I would vote other. I would be more than happy to collect 10cm human toys by themselves of relevant characters, but not at the current price of say the Ironman 2 toys.

I would probably go and order them online and import waves if I needed to. I see that BBTS has the Iron Man 2 toys as 5.99US, which would be about $7AUS. I would be happy to pay up to $10 for them in Australia, but nothing more.

I remember Brian Goldner coming onto the Don Murphy boards at one point, asking the rather broad question of what we'd like to see happen in the TF line. IIRC my suggestion was for ALLthe movie figures to include human characters, seeing as the humans feature so prominently in the films.

About a year later, and we had those 'Screen Battle packs with the little human figures with bases (basically painted army men). They made one with Barricade chasing after Sam and Michaela (it came complete with an 'army man' Frenzy too, despite the regular Frenzy figure still being present in Barricade's chest). Another set featured Bumblebee with some S7 stooges trying to put him on ice, while another set featured Skorponok with a bunch of actual army men to skewer. The only set I bought was the towtruck set with half an action-master Bumblebee hanging off the back and Michaela molded into the truck. She couldn't be taken out, even when Longarm was in robot mode, which was a bit creepy.

So yeah, those were a bit of a miss for me. Pics if you're interested:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/transformers-2007/screen-battles-first-encounter/1453/

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...t-attack/1363/
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...umblebee/1454/
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...al-stand/1506/

Cut to more recent times, and we've got the Human Alliance range. I've had the pleasure of playing with a few of these in person, and they're all pretty damn awesome, but I still haven't bought one. Why? Because the scale's all wrong. You can buy pretty much all of the movie Autobots in scale with each other (except for the Arcee bikes). If I bought one HA figure, I'd have to buy them all. How many Bumblebees does a collection need...?

That's a negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

So in other words...

Yeah, I'd actually like them to do what I said they should do in the first place: include human figures with all of the mainline movie toys. They don't need to be articulated or anything. Just a character relevant to the robot in question. If there's no character that fits in with the robot, the pack-in figure could just be a generic army guy. It'd be like 10 cents of plastic at the most - there'd be more plastic in the packaging. Kids like that sort of stuff - put a red circle around it and call it a 'BONUS SAM WITWICKY FIGURINE' or whatever.

My kids quite often play with my TF's in and around my Lego buildings. It does look quite cool to see the robots given a proper sense of imposing scale.

where is the option for no?

It could be like the decoy figures packed in with certain Gen1 toys - cheap little rubber/plastic figures.

I'd buy some... if the character had significance for me (eg I'd probably buy Spike & Raoul, but would skip Lord Chumley). I don't especially care for articulation, but I don't want "fixed pose" figures.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

As a fan of Action Masters i would buy any new Transformers done in that style, but the decoy type, or humans no way in hell.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496