Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autobot leader in the Movie if Optimus was gone?

I was originally going to say that Ironhide wouldn't be a good leader because he wouldn't see any point being on earth since the all-spark was destroyed and leave. But then I remembered at the end of the movie Prime declares Earth their new home. So in conclusion my vote goes to Ironhide

Ironhidimus Prime would be smiting any annoying humans though. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ironhidimus Prime would be smiting any annoying humans though. ;p
    And that's bad because?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Giving some contemplation, I think none of them are fit to lead. BB is a candidate b/c of his connection w/ the humans but I think he hasn't got the leadership qualities. Well, it's hard to say who has considering how little characterisation we got out of the movie.

My gut is to go with Ironhide. Ratchet's a reliable second. That's how he comes across. But never a leader. BB on the other hand is too playful and adventureous. Ironhide is hard and tough and would qualify. He doesn't have Prime's conviction though. None of them do.

I actually do think though that they'd be more likely to work as a group of three, coming into conflict and bouncing off one another in the decision making process.

I'd have to go with Ratchet since he's the most cool-headed of the trio.

The last thing we need is Ultra Magnus to make an appearance, there are enough white Prime's on the market. If done right he'd look neat though; a white Prime with ice-blue flames or something.

The real BB should take leadership of the Decepticons!
    "Hello Mr. Bay!"

As for the Autobots - the choice is obvious... Time Warrior!
    "What's the time? Time to kick your a55!"

My thoughts were that Ironhide was too hot-headed, with little concern for collateral damage (bystanders, fleshlings), but would probably have the most tactical experience to lead in a conflict situation. Or he would just run in with all cannons blazing with no strategy.
    Bumblebee appears to be more of a scout, but is pretty powerful as a warrior (defeated Barricade and Brawl). He also was trusted with the Allspark Cube, which would make him very important in the chain of command.
    Ratchet on the other hand appears to be wise and reserved. His background as a medic may appear on the outside to be unlikely as a leader in a wartime environment, but sometimes the best way to survive a conflict is to avoid it in the first place. He doesn't appear to be a pacifist, but his experience as a medic would probably lead him to be more mindful on how best to avoid casualties in battle, and develop strategies that would result in less casualties for him to have to repair.
    Out of the three, I'd agree that there is none that shines better than the others (which would actually make for a more interesting storyline), but Ratchet would be my vote - or at least, the one who would end up being the more successful leader if they were all put to the test.

I say that they would need to introduce another character, say Ultra Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Or he would just run in with all cannons blazing with no strategy.
    I disagree. Ironhide seems to be a decent battlefield officer. When Starscream was closing in, it was Ironhide who first transformed and yelled, "It's Starscream!", enciting the other Autobots to transform and prepare for an offensive. Ironhide then quickly ordered Bumblebee to help him erect the Furby truck trailer as a shield/barrier. And he's by no means a reckless gunner in battle - his shots were all quite precise.

The thing that would make Ironhide ill-suited to be Autobot leader on Earth is that he seems too impulsive to lead a covert operation - on Earth anyway; this was particularly shown in Ironhide's willingness to rub out annoying humans. And "pacifist" Ratchet agreed with him!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I disagree. Ironhide seems to be a decent battlefield officer. When Starscream was closing in, it was Ironhide who first transformed and yelled, "It's Starscream!", enciting the other Autobots to transform and prepare for an offensive. Ironhide then quickly ordered Bumblebee to help him erect the Furby truck trailer as a shield/barrier. And he's by no means a reckless gunner in battle - his shots were all quite precise.
    Great point. I forgot about that.