Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Shame the menu is so small,
    Back in Japan my favorite burger was the Spicy Mos Cheese Burger (bun, mustard, burger, cheese, mayonnaise, jalapeno, onion, mos meat sauce, tomato, bun) I'd get it with a small serve of chips and a melon soda
    my friend and I also tried: Teriyaki Burger, Teriyaki Chicken Burger, Regular Mos Burger, Roast Katsu Burger, their special Salty Butter Chicken Burger thing (limited time item) Mos Fried Chicken, Chili Dog, and probably 1 or 2 others I’m forgetting

And none of them looked sloppy and greasy like those ones

At least the price is still good enough

Saw at the warehouse today - a new flavour of Doritos... "Burn". No idea what it is, as I could only see the outer carton.
    Probably a spicy flavour.... or a bag of styrofoam (as in, getting burned).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Saw at the warehouse today - a new flavour of Doritos... "Burn". No idea what it is, as I could only see the outer carton.
    Probably a spicy flavour.... or a bag of styrofoam (as in, getting burned).
    oh man a hot and spicy doritos? BRING IT ON!

just got back from BP, they now sell pop tarts =]]]]]] its a great day for white trash everywhere.
    ~

Mmmmmm, spicy doritos. I will have to keep my eye out for this new flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    they actually look very slimey and greasy.....and in some cases very off putting...

i will stick to pauls hamburgers!!! (any sydney siders ever get out to sylvania try them they are a beautiful burger)
    Someone who guested in Ch7 Morning show was going around looking for the perfect burger - he did recommend Paul's too. Is it near a train station? Getting curious, Im not a burger person but I do enjoy a HJ burger every now and then... they taste better than Maccas IMO. I know, they're both mass production type burgers but since Im not a burger guy I dont go out ordering burgers on the menu hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I snuck a look inside one of the boxes at work today and it turns out that the new "Doritos Burn" flavour is indeed a hot chilli flavour. This in addition to their existing 'hot mexican salsa' flavour. (then on the way home I saw that Woolies already has them out on shelves, and on special - just that flavour)

It's definitely a hot flavour, but builds up after a few chips. It doesn't just hit you with a burning sensation from the first bite. It could be hotter, but I don't think they would sell to the masses if it was.

And there is a cross promotion with another brand of theirs - Pepsi. On the back of the pack it says to 'light your fire with doritos burn' and 'cool the burn with Pepsi Max Ceasefire Lime', with a pic of the new lime flavoured Pepsi Max bottle. (a soft drink flavour that hasn't arrived at our warehouse yet, nor was it at woolies)

I am looking forward to my trip across the ditch, for not only shopping but also Chicken Twistees and Oporto!

Damn you grifin for introducing Oporto to me 5 years ago. Now I can't get enough.

EDIT: Oh, MOS Burger. Had it a few times while in Singapore and its really nice and with most 'Western' take out is so cheap. Think I will have to take a tour out to Sunnybank on my travels to have one.

Found the Lime Pepsi Max - not very 'limey'.
    It's strange that we have various citrus varieties of Cola over the years here, but in America everything is cherry flavoured (coke, pepsi, Dr Pepper).

And the Doritos Burn are very sweet... possibly to offset the hotness of it for regular consumers. Neither of these (limited?) flavours will be missed by me when they've had their run. I won't buy either again.

They are ok, but nothing majorly great. I won't rush to buy them again. But the pepsi I can't drink anyway, stupid diet drinks