Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536374252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I love the fact that you have a Diet Coke pictured next to that cardiac arrest on a plate
    ^ That, haha. I always do the same. I think, "I can eat this bad meal, if I have a diet drink with it". Then a few hours later down a 1.25 ltr coke hah. I've tried to stop that as much as possible now

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Where's the pasta sheets?
    I noted that it doesn't have any, as the bread layers took the place of pasta sheets. (there wasn't any point having double the starch/carbs when there was already 6 layers of bread in it)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    ^ That, haha. I always do the same. I think, "I can eat this bad meal, if I have a diet drink with it". Then a few hours later down a 1.25 ltr coke hah. I've tried to stop that as much as possible now
    Yeah, im like that with lunch sometimes. I'll have a salad with no dressing & water, only to smash a family block of Cadbury Caramello an hour later. i have no regrets

Have you noticed at KFC how they automatically offer you a Pepsi Max to go with the 4 kilos of lard you just ordered? That'll even things out

I just had a heart attack just seeing those pictures

And I see the shameless work plug...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah, im like that with lunch sometimes. I'll have a salad with no dressing & water, only to smash a family block of Cadbury Caramello an hour later. i have no regrets

Have you noticed at KFC how they automatically offer you a Pepsi Max to go with the 4 kilos of lard you just ordered? That'll even things out
    That's why I order KFC with no Legs and Thigh bits. It stops the whole meal being a whole pile of slop. Well at the very least, masks it for me to think of it in a better way

How long have Froot Loops been without blue ones?
    I saw them on special this week at woolies, and the box only has the other five colours now... but also promoting itself as only natural colours & flavours.
    Looking online, I found that they were released in the UK with just 3 colours because they couldn't find natural colours for blue, yellow, red... so it appears that blue remains a food colour that has no natural source.

But what's the point... really?
    What responsible parent (or toy collecting man-child) is going to buy Froot Loops just because it is now promoting itself as free from artificial colours and flavours.
    That's like buying a cheeseburger purely for being a source of calcium, just because it has a slice of "cheese" in there.

Remove 90% of the sugar, and promote that. Then people might buy them as a "healthier" cereal option.

Or just stick the artificial colours back in there so that at least if we are going to gorge on something unhealthy, that we accept is already unhealthy, at least it looks and tastes great like it used to.

(I remember the last time I had froot loops, when it still had the blue ones, I would eat a couple bowls of it, and I guess I just don't digest blue colouring, as it would go straight through me... )

Angry

...My question exactly to the missus when I bought a box last week!

Hang on why is there an angry face on my response?

You may have accidentally clicked on the icon on the way to clicking the post reply button.

Lol well, grrrr it is then! For blue fruit loops