Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

The other half and i tried one of those Killer Burgers once. never again. we only managed to get through 1/4 before we threw in the towel

This thread needs a PSA. Don't read if you are trying to lose weight
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Mmmm... Giant Burger.

I saw these at Coles yesterday, and does anyone else think that it is a company trying to make money off KFC's logo (font) and red/white stripe packaging?
    It's an Australian company, and it's only Chicken products, that even has a bucket variety (at the bottom).
    Surely this passes the test of "would an ordinary person think it is KFC products at a glance", to warrant some sort of legal action by by KFC. While I was there looking at the company info on the packaging, just about everyone walking past did a double-take, probably thinking that KFC were now available in grocery stores... before seeing that it was SFC instead.

Now presenting, the new Food area at Garden City (Brisbane).
    Being a Westfield, it is similar to their other recently renovated centre at Carindale... in that it is brightly lit, except in the new food area (as if they don't want people seeing if there is anything wrong with their food).

Aside from the localised dark feel to that part of the shopping centre, this is the new "8 Street" Asian food alley, with 15 tiny food outlets. Sometime soon I'll look at having lunch there and sampling as many different outlets as I can. (sorry about the glare - it was taken with a Galaxy s4... so isn't good with dark or night photos)

Next to it is the fifth MOS Burger outlet in Australia, which is one of my favourite burger chains (behind Hungry Jacks/BK and Wendys).

Not cheap for their size, and a bit messy (must be eaten in the paper pouch), but very recommended for the sheer variety of burgers (including new lettuce wraps).

The mashy Wagyu burger and their iconic MOS Burger...

I could eat them all day if they were cheaper.
    (the store has/had a Friday deal of two Wagyu burgers for $10, which saves $5)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i love the fact that they're using a knife and fork on that goliath... a chainsaw would have been a better alternative
    Hahaha, so true, it would still probably create the same amount of mess as well.

It's back... and this time... it's personal.

KFC's Double Down - the low carb diet option has returned, but with extra carbs, by way of a hash-brown added between the chicken fillets.
    And if you "need" even more calories, go for the zinger version, with 2,843kJ... a third of the recommended daily intake of kJ for an adult (about 8700kJ).

I wouldn't be surprised if it has hit the news again, like the last time, for the shock value of it's nutritional content... or lack of.

(I wonder if the next evolution of this burger is "the triple"...)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

KFC's Double Down - the low carb diet option has returned, but with extra carbs, by way of a hash-brown added between the chicken fillets.
    And if you "need" even more calories, go for the zinger version, with 2,843kJ... a third of the recommended daily intake of kJ for an adult (about 8700kJ).

I wouldn't be surprised if it has hit the news again, like the last time, for the shock value of it's nutritional content... or lack of.

I had 2 Zinger Stacker Burgers in one day last week. That was a good day. The calories in those are terrible though. Interesting thing I figured out with them though. If you get it in a large meal (upsized) it's $12.95. So I got it in a box meal instead upsized, with a bit of chicken as the side. $11.70. Makes no sense. Went back and tried again, still $11.70.

SFC? Shouldn't that be in the third party thread?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Smashed 2 zinger double downs for lunch today.. so much greasy goodness!!!
    Oh yeah

So many cooking shows on at the moment... you wouldn't want to be on a diet if you are a fan of them. Watching them gives me so many ideas and cravings.
    Iron Chef on SBS weekdays
    Man Finds Food once or twice a week
    Chow Masters once or twice a week
    Recipe to Riches repeated three times a week
    Masterchef repeats twice each weekday
    and My Kitchen Rules advertisements all day long, so must be starting soon too.

An update on this, for anyone who cares...

I got a reply back today from KFC, after they told me that they had to check with their people about it...

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    We have followed up with our marketing department and they have said that the company is allowed to continue selling their products as is.
    But either way, the original is still the best =)

i could go a zinger burger right now