Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849505565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

I have to say, I find the extra you pay for the Create your own burger at Maccas is worth the money. I got a burger with the brioche bun, angus pattie, colby jack cheese, egg, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion and big mac sauce along with fries and drink for just under $15, which is less than what my local pub would sell a similar burger for. And the pub meal doesn't let you select your fillings and doesn't include a drink. As long as you can get over the perception that its Maccas, I think their create your own burger range is a good alternative. I also find the fries are fresher in the basket, because when I ate there last week with the minions in tow, their happy meal fries were noticeably limp compared to mine which were served in the basket. Its not gourmet dining but neither is pub grub and thats fine by me.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I may have become addicted to KFC's Zinger Stacker burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I may have become addicted to KFC's Zinger Stacker burgers.
    Oh how good is that one At one point I was having it a couple of times a week. No I don't think I've had it in like 5 odd months

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I have to say, I find the extra you pay for the Create your own burger at Maccas is worth the money. I got a burger with the brioche bun, angus pattie, colby jack cheese, egg, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion and big mac sauce along with fries and drink for just under $15, which is less than what my local pub would sell a similar burger for. And the pub meal doesn't let you select your fillings and doesn't include a drink. As long as you can get over the perception that its Maccas, I think their create your own burger range is a good alternative. I also find the fries are fresher in the basket, because when I ate there last week with the minions in tow, their happy meal fries were noticeably limp compared to mine which were served in the basket. Its not gourmet dining but neither is pub grub and thats fine by me.
    I swear i'm not gonna do Create again... i've done it 3 times now, each time more expensive than the last lol. I agree it's pretty good, but for someone that remembers when meals used to cost $5.95 (for large!)... it's really something for a 'special' occasion rather than every visit (like i've been doing).

The last burger i got was an absolute stonker though!
    Baker's bun, Colby Jack, Parmesan & Swiss cheese (no extra cost!), 2 angus patties, crispy bacon, lettuce, red onion, big mac sauce and chilli jam sauce (no extra cost!).

I got it takeaway and it comes in fancy cardboard packaging, in 2 halves that you assemble yourself. I can confirm the chips are exactly the same though, they just come in a standard pocket if you get takeaway

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I agree it's pretty good, but for someone that remembers when meals used to cost $5.95 (for large!)
    I so miss that I always loved heading home after school and grabbing a cheap, large big mac meal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Struth! They don't make 1kg steaks like they used to! I popped that like a malteaser

Next time I come back to this restaurant I'll see if they will stack one on top of the other
    Here they are - can be found at Kings in Bathurst for about $35. Damn nice, if a tad small

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I've also noticed when I've made my own burger I don't get the McGurgles in my stomach a couple of hours later like I normally do after Maccas. I really enjoy their burgers now. I used to eat Maccas about once every 3 months. Since I started creating my burger I have eaten there 3 times this month.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Here they are - can be found at Kings in Bathurst for about $35. Damn nice, if a tad small
    My god! It makes your steak chips look like french-fries!

Who cares about the chips...

Today's breakfast, lunch and dinner consisted of

2 sausage and egg mcmuffin meals
    Zinger stacker meal
    Grand Angus meal.

Never again... Never again
    :Ouch:

PS: Trev, I want that steak