Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Chocolate cake is what it looked like to me when I cut it open...

The price ($7.45) for a single piece of chicken burger is why I only recommending it to try once, just for the novelty of it.
    It does taste nice with the sweet unique sauce, but I don't like the chilli flakes, and would rather have that sauce on a regular zinger or fillet burger.
    I'm thinking KFC for dinner now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I'm thinking KFC for dinner now.
    Had some KFC the other night for dinner... big mistake. It was disgusting!! Got the All-stars Box and the chicken was either undercooked or over-cooked and they also short changed me a piece. If I were in their restaurant I would've complained but it was take-away. Not worth driving all the way back.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Had some KFC the other night for dinner... big mistake. It was disgusting!! Got the All-stars Box and the chicken was either undercooked or over-cooked and they also short changed me a piece. If I were in their restaurant I would've complained but it was take-away. Not worth driving all the way back.
    A phonecall complaint does wonders sometimes. I usually get my name put down in a book for a free meal etc.

Megatran Guest

A phonecall complaint does wonders sometimes. I usually get my name put down in a book for a free meal etc.
    Served ...
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    with the sweet unique sauce
    (well said Griff )

Complaining can sometimes backfire. That's why I don't send my meals back to the kitchen or order a replacement. God knows what happens to the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Served ...

(well said Griff )

Complaining can sometimes backfire. That's why I don't send my meals back to the kitchen or order a replacement. God knows what happens to the food.
    I'm not one to complain often. I expect fast food to be pretty trashy most of the time. How ever this week I had a hair in my food twice, on two different occasions THIS WEEK. At McDonalds. The first time I let it slide, as I was home and couldn't be stuffed, second time I called. They hung up on me about the issue as they couldn't see my problem... No idea who I talked to, it was couple of second phone call.

When I do complain though, I watch my food being made. I'm not a fan of complaining and waiting for another dish to come out. Unless it's an honest mistake (like drastically under cooked chicken that looked fine on the outside).

Oddly enough I was at The Sporting Globe the other night (I go there a lot, I love their wings, ribs, desserts and cocktails! ... *cough* beer). I got myself a steak which cost about $40~ (first time I've had steak there). The manager came up to me and asked me specifically how the steak was. I told him the outside of it was beautiful, but the very center was oddly really tough, but none the less a pretty good steak. He goes to me "oh that's a real shame mate, let me take it all off the bill for you". I didn't ask for anything off. But he was very enthusiastic about giving it to me for free. Wasn't complaining

I agree with Megatran; I'd be too worried they'd do something to my food.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I actually took these photos at the beginning of March, but have been busy since then with Toyfair and BotCon to get around to this.

From the makers of the Gaytime icecream tubs came another two varieties, this time featuring Darrell Lea (who seem to be pimped out everywhere since being bought by new owners) - Coconut Rough and Peanut Brittle.
    Both are really nice, but I really liked the Coconut Rough one more.

It seems that a lot of new Icecreams came out last month, making our supermarket freezer section looking more and more like American ones (with their hundreds of icecream varieties).
    These ones were mentioned here already, and none were worth recommending. The Fruit Tingles one is unique enough to try, but I wouldn't get it again.

A flood of the choc-covered icecream sticks, from the gourmet...

...to the mainstream...

...to the main brand (Magnum) padding out their range yet again.

The big question though, is where are the licensed Transformers iceblocks???

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd seen the Milo one and had high hopes but am lactose intolerant so just hadnt got around to it yet (i have the tablets), shame if its not worth recommending. Might have to try coconut rough then (wife loves coconut too).

Has anyone been to Bavarian Haus at Gold Coast? Will be down there for lunch somewhere else soon and just wondering if its worth hanging around to have dinner there.

Talking

Where is Griffin and his annual US food haul from botcon?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Where is Griffin and his annual US food haul from botcon?
    Due to a tight budget this year I didn't get to sample much of the local foods, and it was one of the rare occasions in which I didn't gain any weight from a BotCon trip.
    Since I knew that I had two pre-paid meals (Friday Golden Ticket and Saturday Awards dinner), plus two airline meals (Wednesday and Monday), I only really had to cover Thursday and Sunday... and with both BotCon meals being all-you-can-eat, it made it possible to eat enough to cover one of those days.

So, aside from the two meals on the two international flights (which looks more like baby food), this was pretty much all I ate on the six days in Louisville...

Wednesday
    2 donuts at Dallas Texas airport.

KFC 2 piece meal at Louisville airport.

Thursday
    Snacks from Target (all I ate on Thursday... and the Cereal lasted until Saturday as a nibbling item while on the computer)

Friday
    Golden Ticket dinner (plus a second burger) (all I ate on Friday)

Saturday
    Awards Dinner (plus a second hotdog) (all I ate on Saturday)

Sunday - ate nothing.

Monday
    KFC and Burger King at Louisville airport.

6 Donuts at LAX.

That red Angriest Whopper was really the only note-worthy food item this year.