Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The KFC Pulled Pork burger is probably in its last week, but if you haven't tried it yet, don't bother... it was really disappointing, particularly for $6.
    The meat had the appearance and consistency of catfood, and was really bland without the sauce. Coleslaw seems to be the only other thing on it, and it's flavour and texture mask the Pork completely.
    No way this was worth $6.
    Had to look that up. Wow, looks tempting on their website. (the Zinger Stacker Burger looks appealing too)

I included a copy of their burger "photo" from your link, with my photo for a comparison.... just to show how much it looked like catfood being squeezed out of the sides of the bun.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Had to look that up. Wow, looks tempting on their website. (the Zinger Stacker Burger looks appealing too)
    I have a Stacker once a week. Just because it's one of my favorite burgers around at the moment.

I included a copy of their burger "photo" from your link, with my photo for a comparison.... just to show how much it looked like catfood being squeezed out of the sides of the bun.
    Wow, it looks absolutely disgusting.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    I have a Stacker once a week. Just because it's one of my favorite burgers around at the moment.
    I've wondered why your avatar has a photogenic bright orange glow. Now I know.

Personally I'd be emailing that to head office. That is a joke. Yes there is some leeway when it comes to looking different to the picture, but damn that is beyond ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I've wondered why your avatar has a photogenic bright orange glow. Now I know.
    The stacker...it's taking hold of me. It's taken over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I'd pay to see you eat that dish Trev... when you coming over?
    We need an Ozformers Hong Kong Toy and Foodie tour dont'cha all think?

I'm happy to play tour guide!
    God I'd love that! I miss travelling so much

The KFC Pulled Pork burger is probably in its last week, but if you haven't tried it yet, don't bother... it was really disappointing, particularly for $6.
    The meat had the appearance and consistency of catfood, when it should be strands/fibres of meat, and was really bland without the sauce. Coleslaw seems to be the only other thing on it, and it's flavour and texture mask the Pork completely.
    No way this was worth $6.
    Really, you are actually surprised that it was crap? 2 points:

1: KFC - KF-Chicken. They have no idea how to do pork. Don't go there to eat pork, would you go to a butcher to get your shoes repaired?
    2: it's fricken drive-thru fast food and KFC at that. Experience should have told you by now their food is crap (though the potato and gravy is pretty good)

Want a good meal? Go to a restaurant where you have to get out of your car, the chefs aren't all pre-adults and the menu isn't presented as glowing pictures of food on the wall

BTW I didn't mean for that to sound as judgemental as it did, lack of sleep making me grumpy

Apparently Burger King is going all hipster with their burgers
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Really, you are actually surprised that it was crap? 2 points:

1: KFC - KF-Chicken. They have no idea how to do pork. Don't go there to eat pork, would you go to a butcher to get your shoes repaired?
    2: it's fricken drive-thru fast food and KFC at that. Experience should have told you by now their food is crap (though the potato and gravy is pretty good)

Want a good meal? Go to a restaurant where you have to get out of your car, the chefs aren't all pre-adults and the menu isn't presented as glowing pictures of food on the wall
    No, I'm not surprised, that's why I go to these "junk food" places, for the tasty junk and see how their limited edition items are (and how they compare to their promotional images).
    Even though they are KFC, they have non-chicken items on their menu as well, so aren't expected to be JUST chicken. If they started doing most of their menu as other meats, then it would be a worry... but then, they haven't been called Kentucky Fried Chicken for years now.
    Even though the three letters (KFC) stand for "Kentucky Fried Chicken", it hasn't been publicised as the full three words in their stores, on packaging, in advertising, or even on their website (except the fine print in their conditions page), for at least 10 years. Not just here but globally.
    Give it another 10 years and the next generation won't even know what KFC originally stood. So having non-chicken meats there is something that most (younger) people who have never heard "Kentucky Fried Chicken" would be too bothered about.
    Only us oldies, who still have the old 80s & 90s TV jingles in our heads that said the full three words... "the great taste of Kentucky Fried Chicken".

Speaking of "want a good meal - go to a restaurant", it reminded me of one occasion I was at my nearby KFC, and there was this obese couple waiting for their order, who demanded two new burgers be made up because theirs had been sitting on the counter for 2 minutes waiting for their chips to be done, saying that they weren't fresh anymore.
    Now THAT is someone expecting quality food from a fast/junk food outlet like KFC, where the majority of the menu items are brown from being deep fried. (considering the size of the couple, they wouldn't know what quality food is anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    BTW I didn't mean for that to sound as judgemental as it did, lack of sleep making me grumpy
    You do after all, have "Angry" as your middle name...