Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Another of my favourite snack foods is now off the shopping list - Pringles, joining Shapes after they changed for the worse (no longer a hard cracker & changed flavours)... which is actually a good thing as neither were nutritional in any way.

Pringles have dropped 16 grams (11%), but only dropped 10 cents (2%) at Coles and Woolworths (from $4.10 for the old size of 150g to $4 for the new size of 134g).
    On the plus side, both stores are discounting their old stock to $2 or $3 (from $4.10).

I haven't bought the new ones yet, but the tube is smaller, so maybe the chips are smaller, or they fit more snugly in the tube now. Probably smaller chips, as the tube is the same height, so the smaller weight is either from smaller chips or more space at the top of the tube.

A mountain of old stock at a Coles store, at less than half price.

Everything gets downsized or goes up in price to combat inflation... except this - Woolworths' generic brand slow-cooked chips. In April with the rebranding of their "Select" range, their slow-cooked chips went UP from 185g to 200g, but stayed the same price of $2.50.
    Pretty much unheard of with food, especially junk or snack foods, and quite impressive for Woolies to not be taking advantage of a size change or pack rebranding (which gets shelved as "new" and can often have new pricing with it).

I had enough trouble getting my hand in the can as it was, and then they make it smaller. sigh....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I had enough trouble getting my hand in the can as it was, and then they make it smaller. sigh....
    Haha the can is thinner? Well same here, no chance my hand will be getting into one of those now.

I forgot that shapes had changed. I bought a pack of the cheddar ones to add to my snacks for my gaming all nighter last night. Holy crap they were absolutely disgusting. I wasn't paying attention to them changing, put a couple in my gob. That flavor ugh, never again.

I saw this video on facebook called f*ck burger king

Just some guy eating a big mac and trying to rap.

Anyway went to Hungry Jacks today. I'll take a Whopper over a Big Mac anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I'll take a Whopper over a Big Mac anyday
    That's a good boy.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th July 2016 at 12:13 AM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I saw this video on facebook called f*ck burger king

Just some guy eating a big mac and trying to rap.

Anyway went to Hungry Jacks today. I'll take a Whopper over a Big Mac anyday
    I used to say this but these days hjs just zap burgers and now maccus taste better. Sorry.

But these days I just go for a burger bar as they are as cheap as the premium burgers from hjs and maccus.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I used to say this but these days hjs just zap burgers and now maccus taste better. Sorry.
    I agree! There's something not quite right about HJ burgers these days... and it doesn't help that the HJ that's closest to me serves almost stale burger buns and wilted veggies.

Not that it matters, as I tend to eat at KFC and the staff there know me and always give me 10% off on top of the free upsize that you get when you do the online feedback thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I agree! There's something not quite right about HJ burgers these days... and it doesn't help that the HJ that's closest to me serves almost stale burger buns and wilted veggies.

Not that it matters, as I tend to eat at KFC and the staff there know me and always give me 10% off on top of the free upsize that you get when you do the online feedback thing.
    I take 5 wings pack at $5.95 and get the free drinks and chips for feedback.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I can't say I share your taste for grub but I can only imagine maccus would taste bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I can't say I share your taste for grub but I can only imagine maccus would taste bloody awful.
    Well I am comparing only hjs to maccus here. I used to prefer hjs more. Their standards have dropped badly. Nowadays I avoid both actually and eat from a reputable burger joint where a burger is freshly made not zapped or boiled.

Hjs also dropped the Angus beef selection so is kinda left me they not interested in better burgers.