Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 283843444546474849505152535868 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

I looked in the catalogue and there are three flavours of Gaytime tubs... but none at my nearest store.

This is a link that Christalcase sent to me - a tour of KFC at selected stores at the end of August.
    It's an odd thing to do, but Christalcase says he's seen it before (he's such a big junkfood fan, and bad influence on me... or is it the other way around ).

The last story I heard about someone in a KFC kitchen involved third degree burns over most of a teenager's body. Not sure I'd be first on the tour!

My nearby Woolies finally got in the regular (caramel) flavour Gaytime tubs, but not many of them. It was nice, but I would have preferred the Chocolate flavour, as I'm not that big with caramel.

Can't find the Gaytime tubs? Plenty of other new icecreams have shown up at Woolies in the last week, to catch up with Coles and all their "gourmet" icecream tubs.

Three $4 tubs to compete with seven $4 tubs at Coles.
    A popcorn variety (similar to the Coles one I guess), a Nuts variety, and a Caramel variety that is noted as having a unique Australian flavour and having "mite" in the name... so maybe it has a vegemite element to it.

They also got in some more Ben & Jerry's varieties, which are an extra $2 more than the existing ones because these have a fudge core. I'm still waiting for them to go on sale so that I can try some, as I'm not paying $12-14 for something that is about AU$5 in America.

Of the non-tub variety of ice-cream, Connoisseur have five more unusual flavours - Peanut Butter with Canadian Maple, Montana Mint with cookies, Sicilian Blood Orange with chocolate, Almond with Himalayan Salted Chocolate, Mexican Chilli Chocolate with Churros. The names are way over-exaggerated... you could use just two words for most of them.

Some Aussie flavours from Peters...

...while Streets are going American with their flavours.

For the last 10-15 years of my American trips I've been fascinated and disturbed by all the Ice-cream flavours and breakfast cereals, so I have this subconscious interest in them when new ones show up here... and we seem to be closing in on them on the Ice-cream side of things.

I tried the two Drumstick flavours, and like the cookie dough one, but didn't like the lamington one.

finally found a tub of the gaytime ice cream
    Binge eating never tasted so good.
    👌

Awwww man I'm so hanging for a Gaytime tub. My wife has been buying me the multipacks to make do until we find some.

Those drumstick Aussie legend flavours look interesting.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Awwww man I'm so hanging for a Gaytime tub.
    Come on in, the waters nice and warm
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

I dunno what the fuss is over Gaytime tub. Had the original flavour tonight. Tasted ok but nothing special. The inclusions (pieces) were soft & soggy.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Come on in, the waters nice and warm
    I wish I had a hot tub time machine & un-see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I dunno what the fuss is over Gaytime tub. Had the original flavour tonight. Tasted ok but nothing special. The inclusions (pieces) were soft & soggy.
    I thought it was nice, but not spectacular. Certainly not better than Cookies & Cream.

I was in my nearest Coles on Wednesday and they had all their Gaytime tubs sold out as well (and a lot of empty shelf space so they must have had a fair few)... so there is certainly something about them that is attracting people to it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Three $4 tubs to compete with seven $4 tubs at Coles.
    A popcorn variety (similar to the Coles one I guess), a Nuts variety, and a Caramel variety that is noted as having a "unique Australian flavour" and having "mite" in the name... so maybe it has a vegemite element to it.

I tried the "cara-mite" one out of curiosity, and just as I had suspected, it is vegemite flavoured, without actually having that Branded spread in the ingredients or that Brand noted on the packaging.
    It's basically imitation vegemite with icecream.... as if there was enough demand for vegemite flavoured foods to need to imitate it to avoid paying licensing.

(and no, it didn't taste very nice... vegemite is best left for toast)

The 3rd Party not-KFC bucket is on sale this week at Coles
    Might try some.