Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaspray and Bombshock pics and review

Default Seaspray and Bombshock pics and review

Voyager Seaspray and PowerCore Combiner Bombshock with Combaticons (un-named drones with no robot mode).

I took a few photos of these two upcoming toys, for those who may not get to see them before they are given away.

Both are scheduled for release around June, so could even show up in stores within a couple weeks.

The Bombshock, Combaticon Drones and Seaspray toys in vehicle mode.

Side on. Notice the rear of Bombshock - the blue posts just stick out there, which ruins the look of it.

Underneath. Bombshock looks even worse, with the rear section of the vehicle having an open gap and blue plugs.

In a group shot of other toys to show size scale.
    Toys include Leader Optimus, Voyager Mindwipe and Bludgeon, Deluxe Sideswipe, Scout Breakdown, Legends Bumblebee, RPMs Ratchet, Robot Heroes Dispensor and Gen1 Optimus.

Combaticon drones and Bombshock next to a Legends Bumblebee and RPMs Ratchet for scale. And Seaspray carrying Scout Breakdown.

Bombshock and Seaspray in robot mode with others for scale.

The two with the drones.

Both from the back.

Bombshock transformed ready for combined mode.

Bombshock in Power-Up mode.
    The Drones are either arms or legs in the Power-Up mode. Each is spring-loaded/auto-transforms when plugged onto the blue posts.
    Drones and plugs are universal throughout this line, provided you keep arm drones for arms and leg drones for legs.
    Endless combinations are possible if you have a number of these toys.

And from the back.

Bombshock Power-Up mode and Seaspray in a group shot for scale.

Seaspray and Bombshock fighting.

Bombshock getting the upper hand...

But the tables are soon turned...

Seaspray has decent amount of articulation in the limbs for posing and action.
    The hovercraft mode locks together so well, it takes a bit of force to start transforming it into robot mode.

Bombshock also has adequate articulation, but loses some of it in the Power-Up mode, as the ball-socket joints are locked away for the blue plug joints.
    The black claw hand is so loose that it only stays extended when hanging down.
    The small size of Bombshock has affected its engineering, leaving the rear section of the vehicle mode as a major flaw of the toy.
    Finally some easy-play Transformers toys to make it more fun to play with the toys again (especially kids with their friends), without spending several minutes converting a single toy.

I recommend both Bombshock and Seaspray - Bombshock for the new gimmick that has a fun and interactive play value to it, and Seaspray for a fairly easy toy that pays a little homage to the Gen1 toy of the same name.

Cool pics, thanks. How tall is Bombshock in combined mode? Slightly hard to judge from the angle of the photos.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Just on 20cm - height of a voyager like bludgeon, but very skinny, so not as much bulk as a voyager.

These new combiners are quite pricey, aren't they? I seem to recall that they'll be around Voyager type price, or more.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Really? Ouch... here I was looking at these pics thinking that Bombshock doesn't look too bad. I think it was griffin who said earlier in another thread that this new combiner gimmick is not too different from Energon Optimus "Fatimus" Prime (which I personally like).

Although it may be the height of a Voyager it does seem to lack the bulk and seems more to be a Deluxe. We've had tall Deluxes before (e.g. Beast Machines Thrust). So while the toy doesn't look as bad as I first thought, a Voyager price tag isn't attracting me either.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Cool pics, thanks. How tall is Bombshock in combined mode? Slightly hard to judge from the angle of the photos.
    These pics should help (lined them up next to each other and took the photos level with them).
    (I forgot the ruler until the last photo I took, after I took Bombshock apart - if I get time later I will reassemble him and replace the photo)

no way I'm paying voyager price for these, should be $30 tops imo!

Yeah, whatever and whomever decides the RRP here are squeezing customers for these figures, since it's essentially a Scout ($15-17) + 4 Legends or Mini-Cons ($5-6ea).

It's a nice toy, and taller than I thought, but's not really a good price considering the Universe combiner teams weren't much more expensive.

Sea Spray is looking NICE.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

hey griffin, you know those blue moveable pieces behind seaspray's feet (the white pieces) that you don't know what their purpose was? Turns out if you fold them right down they're heelspurs
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I really wish that Bombshock looked ok in alt mode, but those damn blue (why ALSPARK BLUE) combinor pegs ruin it. At this stage I will not be getting any PCC until they are on sale or second hand throw-aways.