Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROTF Bludgeon's Incredible Breaking Hand warning (and help?)

Default ROTF Bludgeon's Incredible Breaking Hand warning (and help?)

Just a heads up:

As every ROTF Bludgeon owner may have noticed, his hands have a very, very tight grip, and are made of a hard, inflexible orange plastic. Evidently somebody at Haskara didn't bother to double check if the grip was TOO tight on production samples.

Anyway, Walky of Shortpacked! transformed his Bludgeon today and the right hand broke. Because of the way the hand holds his sword, simply gluing it back on would still mean the hand would be useless.

http://shortpacked.com/blog/oh-no-my-me-time-hand/

So yeah, we may want to sand down the handle of the sword/cannon, or the hands, or just avoiding having Bludgeon hold the sword whilst on display.
    Last edited by FFN; 14th May 2010 at 10:06 AM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Well that sucks for those that have him. What were they thinking making the hand hard plastic

Fingers crossed this will be corrected with Banzai-Tron.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Eep!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    What were they thinking making the hand hard plastic
    It also sucks how the swords are made from soft plastic too, getting easily dented by the hard plastic fingers. They should've just used a traditional "hole" fist and slot the sword into it (e.g. G1 Dinobots, Weirdwolf etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    or just avoiding having Bludgeon hold the sword whilst on display.
    This sounds like the safest option... which sucks cos I think for a lot of people who grew up with G1, the sword is a major appeal factor for this toy. <sigh> Better safe than sorry though I guess.

That's a shame.
    I might try rolling up some sandpaper and sanding out the fist holes to make the swords fit in a little easier and less likely to see the 'modification'.
    If it works, it'll also mean the fingers won't leave dents in the sword handle.

That's not a sword.. This is a sword!

I think the best solution would be to gradually sand down the grip area rather than the hand, since the soft plastic and the round, unobstructed cannon is easier to work with.

Also, damage to this accessory may be easier to replace years from now, like with G1 toys, compared to trying to find an undamaged hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Eep!

It also sucks how the swords are made from soft plastic too, getting easily dented by the hard plastic fingers. They should've just used a traditional "hole" fist and slot the sword into it (e.g. G1 Dinobots, Weirdwolf etc.).
    Then the cannon sword wouldn't look right - needed the specific grip area to emulate a tank cannon AND the sword, which means it needed an open hand. Problem was, they sculpted the hand a little too tightly, and decided to put the hand on the same sprue as the other orange plastic.
    Last edited by FFN; 12th May 2010 at 08:21 PM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Thanks for the heads up, fortunately for me it hasnt broken and Ive been playing with t for like months now since december when I got it. Gotta be careful with it then...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

When I finally got a ROTF Bludgeon and transformed him I discovered the same thing about his hands.
    I was thinking as I was arming him, "I have to push hard to get his sword in his hand but if I push too hard it may snap off". I was more worried about his thumb than the rest of his fingers, though.
    So I guess he'll be stuck in robot-mode for a while.

I think this sounds like the best course of action. It leaves the barrel intact and it's not as if Bludgeon needs to hold accessories other than his sword.

Let us know how it goes Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's a shame.
    I might try rolling up some sandpaper and sanding out the fist holes to make the swords fit in a little easier and less likely to see the 'modification'.
    If it works, it'll also mean the fingers won't leave dents in the sword handle.

Then the cannon sword wouldn't look right - needed the specific grip area to emulate a tank cannon AND the sword, which means it needed an open hand.
    There is a variant of the Mitsubishi Type 90 tank that doesn't have the additional parts on the muzzle (recoil compensating muzzle brakes???) near the tip of the barrel, which would work better when converted into a sword handle for a fist hole.

Reference images:
    Type-90 tank with muzzle attachments
    Type-90 without muzzle attachments

Problem was, they sculpted the hand a little too tightly, and decided to put the hand on the same sprue as the other orange plastic.
    The problem is that if the hand isn't sculpted tightly enough, the sword would easily fall off during toy play when you're smacking the sword up against other weapons and bots. Couldn't they make the sword out of harder plastic? (i.e. some plastic quality as the fists themselves) -- that would solve the problem of denting on the handles.