Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Sky Lynx's canonical appearance isn't the greatest, but he only really appeared when he was needed. Wheelie's canonical appearance is mostly very forgettable, yet he had a very prominent and recurring appearance in the cartoon! He was like Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. They both keep appearing in multiple scenes where they're not really needed - i.e.: they're not making any substantial contribution to the story, yet they're getting a disproportionate amount of limelight and attention!

And while Sky Lynx may sound like a snoot, at least he doesn't talk with a high-pitched BABY voice and speak in badly strung rhymes all the time!!
Just thought I'd point out that you're comparison between Jar Jar Binks and Wheelie is 100% accurate. Jar Jar was meant to be a comic element for children in TPM, since Lucas maintains that Star Wars is a kids' franchise. Wheelie could've been an attempt of the same thing for the G1 cartoon. I personally have no idea whether this was effective for kids since I was first introduced to Wheelie when I was about 12 or 13 and so his weird rhymes and whatnot irratated me a little, but maybe if you showed him to kids of about 5 to 9 or even 10 they might respond differently. Anyway, while I do think that Sky Lynx was an arrogant SOB when it came to his cartoon personality, I do think he has a nifty toy. Jazz has just been pushed further down the track.