Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay buyer rights??

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    It's not fair to just give negative feedback, even neutral feedback is harsh, sometimes things really do happen.

... I was unfairly left with neutral feedback.

Are you really losing anything detrimental from not being able to receive your item? Giving others the benefit of the doubt is sometimes the right thing to do.
    That's what neutral feedback is for though isn't it? Leaving positive or no feedback if the transaction is a dud defeats the purpose of feedback for other buyers. Accidents happen, and the seller can reply to feedback left.

Personally I always check negative feedback to see if its just a wally buyer or whether the seller is a fraudster.

Anyway, glad to see it all worked out in the end.

I just had a similarly dodgy thing happen to me. I was winning this auction and then not too long before it was supposed to end, the seller cancelled all bids and put a stop to the auction.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...m=200475034364

I tire of this rubbish and should give up on eBay.

Sellers shouldn't be able to retract sales, just like bidders shouldn't be able to retract bids. This sort of second chance option of both parties, makes a mockery of the auction concept. Real life auctions don't allow sellers and bidders to have second chances, and those auctions are a lot faster paced. Plus, in real life auctions buyers aren't made to check and confirm their bid, and sellers aren't allowed to retract their listing if they don't have a reserve.
    Ebay should employ those elements to make it fairer - I too have been the victim of an auction that ended this way that I was winning cheaply (due to a spelling error in the listing), and then it was re-listed.

If you see that seller list the item again, you know he is just trying to get a better result. He doesn't realise that 'rare' doesn't equal 'value', especially when it comes to Euro TFs located outside of the US. Even with the current Wreckers/BotCon fad for that era, the demand just doesn't exist for these rare figures because they were never mainstream enough for the US fandom.

There are exceptions to the above as well. I remember winning a MISB TFC Prowl for US $12. I was half expecting the seller not to send it, but to my surprise it actually turned up.

I guess it would also depend on the seller. I would assume that a seller with 1000+ feedback (majority positive) would be more inclined to let the auction run it's course and cut their loses if sold below value as there would be many other examples of profits made. It's good business.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I just had a similarly dodgy thing happen to me. I was winning this auction and then not too long before it was supposed to end, the seller cancelled all bids and put a stop to the auction.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...m=200475034364
    Surprise surprise, he actually let it sell when it was going for double the price:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And he's set his bidding history settings to private, almost certainly so he can happily shill bid on his own items: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...m=200477670165

(I would insert an angry face here but for some reason, clicking on the smilies hasn't been working for me since yesterday.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Surprise surprise, he actually let it sell when it was going for double the price:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And he's set his bidding history settings to private, almost certainly so he can happily shill bid on his own items: http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...m=200477670165

(I would insert an angry face here but for some reason, clicking on the smilies hasn't been working for me since yesterday.)
    somthing similar had happened to me about 2 years ago i won an auction for a pretty good MOC set of g2 minibots.. for a cheap price, i actually went through and paid, only to be told that the items were posted.... a month later they were declared lost in the post and my money refunded... within a week there were individual auctions for G2 MOC Minibots up by the same seller and they sold for almost 5 times what i had won them for....

unfortunatly its part of the eBay culture at times

Shill bidding sh-ts me too. A dealer didn't spell a toy right in the auction title, so I was winning it at a great price - at the last minute someone new with no feedback outbids me... and surprise surprise, the seller sends me a second chance offer within the day. BUT, not at the price I would have won it at - the offer was at my max bid, which he now knew. And since he wouldn't haggle below my max bid, he relisted it and blocked me from bidding. (same thing happened on the relist - he got limited interest from the wrongly spelt name, but the relisting was cancelled at the last minute - probably didn't want to risk the same trick twice)

Shill bidders annoy the heck out of me too. This goes back a while but my missus wanted a pokemon digi pet tomagochi thing, and I found one on ebay. Starting bid was $0.99 (as usual) and we put a max bid of $20 on it. In the last minutes of the auction, there was someone bidding on it, the same person, and by a few cents each time. In the end, they pushed it up to just under $20, which was still fine. Then it took maybe 7 weeks to get to us from somewhere in Australia. Gave us plenty of excuses, everything under the sun. But it did finally get to us. A few months later she lost it anyway

Not the first time it has happened to me, but the only one I can remember.