Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did you like the 2007 movie score

Default did you like the 2007 movie score

knowing this is kinda late but....

I actually liked the score better than the OS (although linkin park and goo goo dolls were ). My all time favorite goes out to "Optimus". I love this theme, especially when the flute starts playing.

For the people here that own the soundtrack or have listened to it, what did you think of it (like/dislike/hate etc)?

OS sucked, the score rocked, I hate "music from and inspired by" soundtracks for the most part.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hated the emo crap soundtrack, and I really don't like the score by itself either. Reminds me too much of a midi track.

The 1986 movie soundtrack is still king.
    ________
    Chevrolet avalanche specifications
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:56 AM.

I quite liked the score, far far better than the turd the OS was.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I echo the thoughts so far here. I like the mood that score gives, it really is atmospheric and makes the movie seem epic.

I like both. The Soundtrack and Score both have some good tracks I repeatedly listen to, and some tracks I avoid.
    Last weekend I think, I heard a familiar tune during the intro to the motor-race coverage on channel 10, and realised it was from the TFs movie score (the track playing during the opening dialogue of the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    OS sucked, the score rocked, I hate "music from and inspired by" soundtracks for the most part.
    +1 QFT!! I also agree that the soundtrack was kinda emo.

I was playing TF Monopoly last night with some non-TF fan friends of mine, and two of them started 'singing' the Autobots theme.

I'd like to see lyrics for the bits that the choir sings though.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I like both. The Soundtrack and Score both have some good tracks I repeatedly listen to, and some tracks I avoid.
    Last weekend I think, I heard a familiar tune during the intro to the motor-race coverage on channel 10, and realised it was from the TFs movie score (the track playing during the opening dialogue of the movie).
    was it the tune during Prime's narration? The "autobots" woot.

I seriously loved the score. IMO Jablonsky did a good job of capturing and differentiating the autobot and decepticon elements in the score.

EDIT: when watching the film the 1st time, the tune "arrival to earth" played when Sam and Mikaela watch the heavens awaiting the autobots, actually gave me that congested feeling before you burst into tears (how do you call it?) lol.

I guess it brought back memories and now that I'm older, I actually get to see the childhood heroes play it up again (this time though in a present context w/c is cool).
    Last edited by 6gyrating_gynoid9; 24th March 2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added comments

Quote Originally Posted by 6gyrating_gynoid9 View Post

EDIT: when watching the film the 1st time, the tune "arrival to earth" played when Sam and Mikaela watch the heavens awaiting the autobots, actually gave me that congested feeling before you burst into tears (how do you call it?) lol.
    that one give me goosebumps, its that awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    that one give me goosebumps, its that awesome!
    Yeah arrival to earth is my personal fav too.