Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: June Acquisitions

very very nice Jay, you must be thrilled with these

This is actually my first purchase since...last November and was too good to pass up: Universe 2.0 Stormcloud and Silverbolt only $9.95 each!

Looking forward to eventually finding WFC Prime/Drift and Thrust after exams.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    There was something I found to be very peculiar as I was going through them all, and that was the NEST sticker on the side of Killibison. Do others' have this too?

I don't normally say this, but "LOL". No, I'm fairly sure that Killbisons don't generally have NEST stickers on them.

Well done on your purchase, Jay - I can tell from the "interesting eBay items" posts that you've been making over the past year that you've had your eyes on Breastforce for quite some time.

Mine doesn't have the 'NEST' deco on it. Mine's the boxset version.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mine doesn't have the 'NEST' deco on it. Mine's the boxset version.
    That and the fact that if it was supposed to be there, even as a 1995 Chinese reissue, it would still predate any other reference to NEST by fourteen years.

Yeah, I never thought it was related to modern day NEST (or rather vice versa), rather just coincidence. I can't seem to find a pic anywhere of that side of Killibison. Maybe that's his bad side. It's also seemingly the only transparent (and textual) sticker. I can't come up with any sound theory explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Yeah, I never thought it was related to modern day NEST (or rather vice versa), rather just coincidence. I can't seem to find a pic anywhere of that side of Killibison. Maybe that's his bad side. It's also seemingly the only transparent (and textual) sticker. I can't come up with any sound theory explaining it.
    I suspect the previous owner must have had an extra NEST sticker lying around at sometime over the past year and decided to stick it on there. It's literally a 21st century ROTF NEST sticker - it even has the insignia: http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/4/4d/NEST_insignia.png

How downright bizarre. Hard to imagine a collector possessing these deciding to augment their stickers. I'll take a more detailed look this evening and ask the seller (who claimed to be a proxy seller).

Awesome, jay. Kiokaiser is the epitome of G1 combiners - and a worthy grail. I still remember the feeling when I got mine way back when - so yeah I can imagine how thrilled you must be.

And thanks for the Lego acquisition:

My pickups so far this month. There's was a second Drift at the Big W I grabbed this guy from this morning - any Sydneysiders interested, LMK (I stashed it!).

I didn't notice at the time, but it seems Sashimi (the goldfish in the background) wanted in on the photo...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The value of my collection has increased hundredfold after this acquisition:

...all other toys bow to the awesomeness of Cybertron Dlifto!