Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian Car
    Main Features/Gimmicks -
    Main Colours - Yellow, black
    Main Accessories -

Default Clearer Photos

So want a Cliffjumper remold.

How's the yellow matching in person? I've found you can't really trust cameras with that, although I think it looks pretty good considering.

Feminine characteristics put me off this figure. Thank-you for the review and clear photos though guys.

Gee, it has a bit of a backpack to it, doesn't it?

Jay, the yellow matching is ok. At certain angles it almost looks the same but the yellow used for the standard plastic is shiny. But the yellow is a closer match in tone than say Universe Sunstreaker. I certainly like the effort put into matching it as close as they can.

My thoughts on this figure...

Bot mode is a mixed bag. The thin spindly legs coupled with a rounded torso and kibbly arms make for a weird "bug" looking Bumblebee. The huge rounded back helos in making him look like a yellow ladybug. The blaster weapon can store underneath the back kibble and the ratcheted blades on his arms are a nice touch, if something I didn't really expect for Bumblebee's character. The thighs are very thin with a slightly wider legs and feet. Although I adore the design of the feet having the wheel there. Articulation is great but I feel the knee and waist-to-leg joint will eventually become really loose. But time will tell.

Conversion is a doozy. While a smidge simpler than WfC Prime it falls a little into Shellformer territory. The pinpoint accuracy needed to place all the panels and parts inside can be quite tricky. I needed to emply the "cup-the-panels-into-both-hands-and-gently-squeeze" fixer to get everything to just all fit into place. Inelegant but its so tricky to aligng perfectly. Although the results are brilliant.

The alt mode is Tron sleek. Looking at it makes you feel like it will leave light streaks as you move it. The rounded design belies its G1 heritage while keeping it modern. The wheels move and thats it for playability in this mode. It is an attractive looking mode. As above the yellows area close match. Still noticeably different but very close.

Pretty much completely agree with everything with Stompy said except I'd be more savage on the robot mode. It looks fat to say the least. The legs accentuate the fatness of hte chest. The wheel panels cover the swords add to this bulkiness that is sorely juxtaposed by skinny legs. The hand sculpt can also look out of place in certain poses because it makes him look like a disfigured/disable bot.

The stowing of the weapons is probably the biggest plus though. Love the way its done. And yes, the lower leg panels are great pieces of innovation.

Alt mode is great, awesome actually, but getting it right is a pain in the tushie.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Looks like I may be getting my wish after all - the instructions supposedly use Cliffjumper's head.
    Can anyone confirm this?

The scans is the same as the one I got. It is markedly different to Bumblebee's. I think it's a given a repaint to Cliffjumper with ANY Bumblebee mold will happen.