• Only if cheap

12 29.27%
  • No

1 2.44%
  • Doesn't interest me

4 9.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations WFC Bumblebee

yeah but the key thing is whether or not they'll give the Cliffjumper repaint a retool (esp the head). Cos a lot of the time Hasbro get lazy and just paint Bumblebee red and call it Cliffjumper - where Cliffjumper really deserves his own head. Animated Activators and Alternity Cliffjumper are win because they have retooled heady goodness.

Retools like this are already pre-planned and included in the mould tree, so at the factory, the workers just have to be sure to use the correct head and throw away the other one (or the mould tree can have the plastic directed to one head or the other).

This is more of a general comment about the WFC toys:

Although they both have very complex engineering for a deluxe toy, It seems that for both toys, their alt mode is dependent on holding together by the plastic tabs of the interlocking 'shell' pieces. There is a lot of pressure going into this tabs and it seems that if one breaks, the whole alt mode will become hugely unstable so be careful.

Otherwise I am very happy with both toys.

I'm pretty much in agreeance with most. I'm ok with robot mode. I love alt mode. The first transformation was downright brutal and the feet are awesome.

Yeah the alt mode rocks, the robot mode looks tuby tho

Thumbs down 3rd one I opened this evening...

Hmm... what can I say...

Positives, the paint job I'm a fan of... the alt mode looks pretty cool... and umm... that's about it.

The negatives... the transformation... the tubby belly look... the skinny legs... the size/scale

It had the potential to be something totally awesome, but it's only turned out average.

5 out of 10 (barely)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Hmm... what can I say...

Positives, the paint job I'm a fan of... the alt mode looks pretty cool... and umm... that's about it.

The negatives... the transformation... the tubby belly look... the skinny legs... the size/scale

It had the potential to be something totally awesome, but it's only turned out average.

5 out of 10 (barely)
    You're a hard marker
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Wow, I am very much looking forward to finding this toy at mass retail and I must say I don't find much wrong from the photos aesthetically. In fact, the only thing that keeps me on the fence is his quality control and stability.

For you guys who already have him, do you think his alt mode holds up decently? Are there any serious QC problems with him so far? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGuy89 View Post
    Wow, I am very much looking forward to finding this toy at mass retail and I must say I don't find much wrong from the photos aesthetically. In fact, the only thing that keeps me on the fence is his quality control and stability.

For you guys who already have him, do you think his alt mode holds up decently? Are there any serious QC problems with him so far? Thanks!
    I think the alt mode holds up very well. It's a solid toy and I haven't had any problems with 3-4 transformations. It's just getting the panels in place that is the problem. I think he's great and solid all around, my larger problems are with his visual aesthetic in robot mode and that he's rather fiddly to transform.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Alright, thanks. I'm still considering whether to get it, but thanks to your points, the Bee would probably be forefront on my list of Generation deluxes.