Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime synopsis?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In 21st Century cartoon tradition, it will be cancelled just as the story becomes interesting

I am actually glad to hear that this isn't in any form of continuity with the Bayverse. It adds hope that this may actually end up being good.
    Uh-oh. Better look at that picture then. Looks very movie to me.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I think kup was talking about the continuity, not the visual design aesthetic.

Same thing dude.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Still it sounds a bit Fraggle Rock. I wonder if BB will get postcards from Uncle Prime at the end of each episode.

Look, I'll enjoy it if it a) Has a good story that moves along and b) characters grow and evolve with the situation.

Heh, maybe this will end with BB becoming Prime. "What we were looking for was always here..."

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Same thing dude.
    So by your logic all G1 is in the same continuity then, since they share a common visual design aesthetic... (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So by your logic all G1 is in the same continuity then, since they share a common visual design aesthetic... (-_-)
    They do?

Movie bumblebee looks nothing like g1 bumblebee, yet TFP bumblebee looks a lot like movie bumblebee.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Man so tried of the TF movie franchise, sick of looking at the design of the movie toys,its sucking the life out of me.... even worst are powercore combiners ,good as toys to play with but as a collector of fine TF there really crap, just so thankful for Generations line and WFC tie-ins to keep me going. just my humble opinion
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    just so thankful for Generations line and WFC tie-ins to keep me going. just my humble opinion
    I'd have to agree with you there autobreadticon.

I have a feeling that it might be my last year of collecting current toylines. When the movie comes out next year, I'll probably just focus on back-collecting.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Same thing dude.
    Dude, what's wrong with you? You should know that is a very silly thing to say.

Design and story continuity are two different things. It has been made clear so far that they are not within the same story continuity despite Bumblebee's movie design similarities.

You guys get out the pitchforks now, but then you'll jump on the bandwagon of [insert line] once it starts up

As for the Bumblebee namedrop, it's probably just that - a namedrop of a well-known "character type" and trademark. From everything I've heard, War for Cybertron is a prequel to TF Prime, what with the similar "a new Autobot leader steps up in their darkest hour" storylines.

I don't see what all the complaining about Bumblebee's exposure is about, just deal with the fact you're just along for the ride in Transformers. Besides, he wasn't the primary character of Animated and barely appeared in Revenge of the Fallen, so are you really miffed about his role in Transformers marketing now rather than his (so far, average screen time) appearances in media?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.