0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It depends on the character and level. I'm currently playing the Decepticon campaign with Brawl, and sometimes the tank mode comes in handy when I just wanna pack an extra punch. I'm playing the Autobot campaign with Optimus Prime, and some of the levels where you have to race along the highways are easier done with vehicle mode (although robot mode is still possible).

I find the 'Prelude to Energon' (Armada) game was better in terms of engineering levels that forced you to use alternate between vehicle and robot mode. But I'm still pretty early in the game so I'll see how things pan out later.

Now off to rescue Zeta Prime - this surely won't be a trap!
    Are you playing the campaigns in order?

Now off to rescue Zeta Prime - this surely won't be a trap!
    Where's Admiral Ackbar when you need him
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Are you playing the campaigns in order?
    I keep alternating between the Decepticon campaign and the Autobot campaign - depending on which one I feel like playing. I realise I should probably finish the Decepticon campaign first but... meh.

So yeah, playing the Autobot campaign has spoiled some things for me in the Decepticon campaign plot like the Decepticons using Dark Energon and Starscream being a Decepticon (cos nobody would see that coming! )

I keep alternating between the Decepticon campaign and the Autobot campaign - depending on which one I feel like playing. I realise I should probably finish the Decepticon campaign first but... meh.

So yeah, playing the Autobot campaign has spoiled some things for me in the Decepticon campaign plot like the Decepticons using Dark Energon and Starscream being a Decepticon (cos nobody would see that coming! )
    To me that's like skipping back and forth on bits of a movie I haven't seen yet but whatever suits you.

zomg I'm such a noob... only last Sunday I worked out - by complete accident - that clicking the right mouse button lets me zoom in/out!

P.S.: the only crummy thing is I can't shoot whilst zoomed in - thus I cannot snipe. At least not with the character I'm currently playing (Sideswipe).

P.P.S.: unless there is a way I can but I haven't worked it out yet! I really should read the instructions.

zomg I'm such a noob... only last Sunday I worked out - by complete accident - that clicking the right mouse button lets me zoom in/out!

P.S.: the only crummy thing is I can't shoot whilst zoomed in - thus I cannot snipe. At least not with the character I'm currently playing (Sideswipe).

P.P.S.: unless there is a way I can but I haven't worked it out yet! I really should read the instructions.
    No comment

I have had my first complaints on the Autobot DS game.

When you build up your strength with Op to the point you can land critical hits with your axe, I found it;s not a good idea to do it against any Autobots in the bonus games (when you battle them to win the character). Reason being is if they are nearly dead, and you land a critical hit, they dissapear completely. Basically it is a glitch in the game, because you only need to beat them within an inch of their life. Annoying when UM is not the easiest to beat as it is. Only way to fix it is to restart the mission.

Other gripe is the lack of Decepticon boss battles. I can only remember taking on Dirge (early on) and Onslaught mid way through. Then Trypticon. In the Decepticon version, I remember taking on alot more characters instead of clones. That and Trypticon is easy to beat, whereas Omega was a pain.

One cool thing is though, right before the second last mission, Prime says the iconic line "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost"

Only 70% odd done, still need to level up all my characters to 20, Prime and Bbee I have used the whole time so they are on 20 now

Bought the DLC #2 pack last night, and tried to play it online... even being 20cm away from the router, it still failed to stay connected long enough to try out everything in the pack (not to mention making me really mad).
    And I really hate the frequent occurance of joining up to Escalation, and being stuck floating above the battleground, unable to do anything. I have to exit the game, and then that wastes more time on such limited connectivity.

Since I can't get the PS3 to access the modem directly via its cable (just doesn't register it for some reason)... I still can't work out if it is the wireless transmission speed of the router, or the internet connection speed itself. So looks like I'll just have to get my own internet connection (the other one is a shared connection - but no one uses it while I'm gaming).

Didn't seem to be anything fancy with the two new characters - Zeta Prime and Dead End, but when I get killed off, I watch other players and find that people are really starting to get into the special abilities more (like cloaking). The new map I finally got to try was a tough one, as it didn't appear to have any decent vantage points or 'high ground' to defend when in trouble.

With the unreliable online access, I've now been having more fun with the 'single player' version of Escalation. (select 'host game' and select 'friends only', and you can start Escalation with one player - every other version of Escalation requires 2 or more)
    It's a lot more difficult, with the enemy all coming at the one player, but it lets me get experiance with the characters and maps for when I then play with others. (it also finally improves my ranking... if that even counts for anything)