Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Yeah but it's a game and it's nice to give novices more of a sporting chance to play. Some games have a handicap setting to cater for this (e.g. Street Fighter). There are other ways experienced players can handicap themselves, e.g. intentionally using low powered or melee weapons, intentionally moving out of cover etc.

One thing that frustrates me as a noob is when I join a game and I constantly get pwned. The games just not fun for me cos it's like - spawn - get killed - respawn - get killed - respawn - get killed... ad infinitum. Being constant cannon fodder isn't fun, so eventually I give up on playing and I never improve. Sometimes when I play Star Wars Miniatures against a noob I'll intentionally do things to give them an advantage over me (e.g. field a weak team, never combine fire, move out into the open etc.). Cos yeah... if I ever try to play this game online, and all that happens to me is that I get constantly hammered... then I'm just never going to play the multiplayer mode again.
Mate you gotta stick with it! Alot of players dont hunt noobs on purpose, its more of a luck thing. Its like a new map that everbody else knows where the killy spots are. If you're just out trying to familiarise yourself with the game and the map chances are you'll just stroll right past an enemy and bam they get you before you see them. Try scout class first. Cloak up and familiarise yourself with the map with that added stealth protection. My bane is Scientist. I just plain suck with the scientist. When you're level 0-5 in any class your going to be on the back foot. Keep trying and it'll get better!