Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iGear reveals PP03E - MP Dirge

ermm... for those that are bagging igear, you should understand that igear did not make these. Partner Products did, hence the PP03 number...
    igear are just selling them.

anyways, im curious to know why this thread was moved to the KO section??
    last i checked, HasTakTom has not released any of the MP coneheads.
    so... they are a KO of what, exactly?

Igear's website pics even says that it is based on designs by the TF customiser "wheeljack". To me, this thing is a Custom TF project but has been mass produced so that more people around the world can own one. Heck it was probably made using genuine Hasbro MP starscream/skywarp parts for all we know....

I didn't think anyone was bagging igear.

I moved it here because it was suggested that they were re-producing the entire MP toy, not just selling add-on parts. If they are replicating (pirating) any or all parts of an existing TFs toy, then it is just like any other KO.

If they are only providing add-on parts, or are buying MP Starscream toys and turning them into Dirge, then this will be re-located into the Unlicensed section.

Is there anyway of knowing yet if this is a full reproduction (like the mini MP Optimus), or a mass-customising of MP Starscream toys?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Is there anyway of knowing yet if this is a full reproduction (like the mini MP Optimus), or a mass-customising of MP Starscream toys?
    I seriously doubt they are going through the expense and effort of purchasing and customizing MP Starscream toys to make this given their history.

They are replicating most of the mold and then modifying it to suit the unreleased MP conehead seeker character but 95% of the actual mold remains an unlicensed replica.

It should have been an add on kit, it would have been perfect for Thundercracker.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    It should have been an add on kit, it would have been perfect for Thundercracker.
    Well I'm not 100% on this, but it looks to me like these are retail MP Thundercrackers modded with Dirge wings? I think the MP TC didn't sell as well Starscream and Skywarp, so maybe it would make sense to buy up excess stock cheaply, make some molded Dirge wings to fit, a couple of missiles etc. head?

I mean, that's the only real differences right? I can't see this being a reverse engineered mold including the stand and the small missiles.

I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Well I'm not 100% on this, but it looks to me like these are retail MP Thundercrackers modded with Dirge wings? I think the MP TC didn't sell as well Starscream and Skywarp, so maybe it would make sense to buy up excess stock cheaply, make some molded Dirge wings to fit, a couple of missiles etc. head?

I mean, that's the only real differences right? I can't see this being a reverse engineered mold including the stand and the small missiles.

I could be wrong...
    That's not what this IGear toy is about. It's a whole figure out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's not what this IGear toy is about. It's a whole figure out of the box.
    Ok, but I'm not saying it isn't but having a closer look now the colouring is pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    ermm... for those that are bagging igear, you should understand that igear did not make these. Partner Products did, hence the PP03 number...
    igear are just selling them.

anyways, im curious to know why this thread was moved to the KO section??
    last i checked, HasTakTom has not released any of the MP coneheads.
    so... they are a KO of what, exactly?

Igear's website pics even says that it is based on designs by the TF customiser "wheeljack". To me, this thing is a Custom TF project but has been mass produced so that more people around the world can own one. Heck it was probably made using genuine Hasbro MP starscream/skywarp parts for all we know....
    Venksta at TFW (who seems to be involved in some way with several Chinese "fan companies", is of the opinion the Partner Products thing is just a cover for when iGear knows that a product is too on the nose legally.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Apparently Wheeljack never authorized his custom to be mass produced.

Wheeljack did ...