Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Would we be cataloguing just every toy, supplied by ”collector” or would we showcase people’s entire collections as a whole? Could add in a collector bio too
    I get the impression that it would be showcasing people's collections, rather than a guidebook/catalogue of individual toys. And as such, a collector bio with each collection would be a worthwhile inclusion.

I wonder if it would be something released every few years, for new members to be included, or older members to update their entries/photos?

Maybe we can start it off with a thread/gallery showcasing people's collections and as time passes by, if we get enough collector bio's and pictures we'll make it into a high-quality PDF.

Skywarp91 you might not have seen the Collections thread. That's the closest thing we currently have to showcasing everyone's collections.

I've been looking at a site/tool called Blurb which can make nice looking books for not too expensive prices. There are other sites like that too and even Target and Big W offer photobook printing nowadays.

Agree with Paulbot that the board already has a section that caters to showcasing individual collections. It's also more flexible in that a member can update with shots of their collection at any time.

It would be worthwhile to do a book, provided that it is radically different from what Dlin/Tietjens and Transformers: Generations. Alvarez is easy enough to top, so I won't even bother mentioning that. I'm saying top/beat in a good sense and also because if this book is not better/different from what's on the market, then there's no point doing it (even if people have time to burn, it'd not really be worthwhile/satisfying).

The "flaw" with TF: Generations is that too many characters are cramped into each page. Dlin/Tienjens 1-upped that and had one character on one page (sometimes 2) with a head shot, parts, robot mode shot and vehicle mode shot. That's pretty tough to beat. However, the resolution of some of their shots are no great and in some cases, the toy photographed was less than pristine (or missing stickers, or some other thing like that).

I like the idea of us coming together and selecting the best toy for each individual listing of each character (eg: best condition, most well applied stickers, etc). Like Gok said, none of us have a 100% C9+ condition toy collection and none of us has the entire G1 (or Beast Wars; ok, maybe someone has all BWs). The other issue is that we still don't have the entire G1 as a community.

This is how I imagine the book will look like:
    + 2 to 4 pages per character (ie: double page spread/s);
    + shots of robot mode front, side and back + head
    + shots of parts
    + shot of original box or shot of box art
    + shots of original character design art (1 to 2)
    + shots of character in cartoon (2 to 3)
    + commentary provided by members in the same vein as Dlin and Tietjens but in more depth.

Lastly, I think it'd only be worthwhile doing this for G1, BW series' and maybe RiD. The later series' are already well documented.

Hehe, how about making it an e-book? In that way, you can update anytime you like? But you also can print it out?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Hehe, how about making it an e-book? In that way, you can update anytime you like? But you also can print it out?
    Ding ding ding!!! Sounds like a great idea. How would it work though? Can anyone update it, or is there one central person who looks after it?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Like Gok said, none of us have a 100% C9+ condition toy collection...
    Speak for yourself
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    (or Beast Wars; ok, maybe someone has all BWs)
    Well I know Hursticon has pretty much all the US release figures (I know because I bought them for him )

But I think an e-book sounds like a good idea, and someone to take the photos could be Optics

What a AWESOME idea!
    Well If you guys need pics of mint complete toys, I could proved those pictures. I'm a few G1 transformers away from having a complete collection(84-87) but would gladly submit pictures of those that I have and any boxed that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by pizdets79 View Post
    What a AWESOME idea!
    Well If you guys need pics of mint complete toys, I could proved those pictures. I'm a few G1 transformers away from having a complete collection(84-87) but would gladly submit pictures of those that I have and any boxed that I have.
    Cool as, you photos of your collection? If you want, throw them up in your own collection thread here, we always enjoy looking at others collections. And I am envious if you have most of them