Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

Ok...Give me a moment or two, I got some old pics that I can post....will take some new ones tomorrow after work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Cool as, you photos of your collection? If you want, throw them up in your own collection thread here, we always enjoy looking at others collections. And I am envious if you have most of them
    Well I can't attach anything for some reason. Is that because I just joined up?

New registrations can't add attachments, but you can still post up pics from an image hosting site (which is recommended, as it doesn't draw on resources here - attachments add to the server load, which costs the admin money).

So to be clear is this going to be a showcasing of member's collections shots OR showcasing a figure each ( photos provided by any member-thru selection process, who's figure is most pristine)?

Reading thru the comments we've so far mentioned Dlin and Tietjens book, Alvarez's efforts , but we forget there is another we forget which also very useful ( aside from the Jap/Chinese Generations) - Mark Bellomo's ID guide. Its what I based my collection - well G1 that is from.

My G1 collection is figure wise complete but accessories wise lacking a lot of stuff ( see sig) and not all figures really are in best condition as some I had since my first collecting years. I think this should be more of a OTCA members collections E-Book. Like what Paulbot has already documented but in a more savvy format to fit an e-book. Like some already suggested - Collector Bio, collector comments, shots of the collection, shot of fave figure, shot of least fave figure, Holy Grails shots ( if attained), shots of other TF related stuff in the collection -Posters, shirts, mugs, etc.

Other sites already have a per character/figure shots we can reasource on anyways. Making it an OTCA members collection E book would make it more personal and everyone can contribute without being left out coz if its about the most pristine among the10 figures submitted, might end up being a monopoly of shots contributed by only 1-2 members... and this needs OUR community' effort not a showcase of 1-2 collectors only.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 1st July 2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My mention of the collections thread wasn't meant to say a collection book wasn't needed, I meant it to show the sort of photos people already have to offer to the book.

(I'd need to take new photos though of my collection!)

I agree a collectors book would be better than another guidebook, and as far as I know there isn't such a book out there like that for Transformers. Given the size and impressive nature of some of our member's collections, there actually could be a market for such book.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 1st July 2010 at 11:37 AM.

It would be a Coffee Table Book of transformer collectors collections.
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    It would be a Coffee Table Book of transformer collectors collections.
    Exactly! OTCA collectors Coffee table book of collections mebbe abouyt 5-7 shots of each collection, it would be a very tough call which shot to put in ( with the collectors input of course) but with our number its gonna be a telephone book thick one if we end up putting more pics in hehehe But we can start it by doing that e-book thing until we ( or someone who's the main editor) have fully edit it. This would be fun , we can even do catalogue-like diorama shots if someone doesn't like shooting their whole collection. Coz at times a whole wall shot of a collection doesnt really give as much impact ( prolly coz the figures are tiny in the shots) as dioramas and special focus shots of fave items/figure.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I wouldn't mind showcasing some of my favourite bits of my collection

All this sounds promising

could we do both?
    some of those showcases on sibertron have missing figures and the layout is wrong. only see heads which can be confusing till u clik on it and see the full figure
    Last edited by Autocon; 1st July 2010 at 07:20 PM.

The more and more I think about this...the more and more the whole idea is becoming very interesting and the end product, if it was to go ahead and become reality....well just think how AWESOME it would be! The book of transformer collections of Australia....Mmmmmmmm get that up you rest of the world!