Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Animated - what's left?

From my list of what I need:
    Activator Ramjet
    Tokyo show Exclusive Elite Guard Prowl ( for Yukitron)
    Botcon Stunticon Set
    Botcon Minerva
    Botcon Fistitron
    Botcon Toxitron
    Botcon Sideswipe
    TFCC Cheetor (incoming)

Not released:
    Fugitive Wasp

I think thats all I want

My collection is "complete" to me when I get all the characters that appear in the cartoon/movie itself. And a couple of selective ones that I really like, like Wingblade Optimus Prime and Jetpack Bumblebee.

It's expensive to buy toys that you don't really like just to complete the collection. Maybe just get the ones that you really like and you can focus on completing your "other collections" too.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    My collection is "complete" to me when I get all the characters that appear in the cartoon/movie itself. And a couple of selective ones that I really like, like Wingblade Optimus Prime and Jetpack Bumblebee.
    I made a list of all Animated characters that appear in the series.
    Cybertron mode:
    Bulkhead
    Bumblebee
    Prowl
    Wasp
    Sentinel Prime

Decepticons:
    Strika
    Spittor
    Cyclonus
    Slipstream
    Dirt Boss
    Mixmaster
    Scrapper

Autobots
    Elita-1
    Warpath
    Yukitron
    Brawn
    Dion
    Red Alert
    Omega Supreme
    Rattrap
    Perceptor
    Wheeljack

And many more I can't think of now and who will probably never see the light of day. Which means my Animated collection will never be complete and this is annoying cause I loves Animated

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    why jap soundblaster and not just the US version?
    A picture (or two) tells a thousand words.

Hasbro Soundblaster:

Takara Soundblaster:

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    And many more I can't think of now and who will probably never see the light of day. Which means my Animated collection will never be complete and this is annoying cause I loves Animated
    Every TF cartoon, comic, and movie has TF characters that never have toys doesn't mean you can't complete the toy collection that accompanies it.

I think you could call your TFA collection complete if you have vrything Hasbro released. The BotCon stuff is additional but falls into a limited exclusive category in my mind that is a bonus to the collection not a key part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Every TF cartoon, comic, and movie has TF characters that never have toys doesn't mean you can't complete the toy collection that accompanies it.

I think you could call your TFA collection complete if you have vrything Hasbro released. The BotCon stuff is additional but falls into a limited exclusive category in my mind that is a bonus to the collection not a key part of it.
    but having a Minerva in your animated collection would really round it out...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've actually tried to stear clear of muying much animated, as I hadn't seen the series and apart from getting a couple characters, Jazz especially, I didn't want to start something that would cost more in the long run than sticking to my other transformers collections.

Now though, since I did go to Botcon and get the box set and previously watched all of animated in preperation for Botcon, I've got a lot of animated figures and I really like them. I have been steadily purchasing animated figures since before the start of the year. The engineering is quite impressive and they look great. Prowl is my favorite motorbike of all transformers motorbikes at this stage.

As for completing the Animated collection, I don't think I will ever get them all, I tend to pick a preferred representation of a character and stick with that one. I now seem to also have a need to ensure I have an even number of Decepticons and Autobots on my shelf, this causes me to perhaps miss out on a figure/prioritise which figure I finish off on, to make sure the battle is on fair standing
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I accept this now though it took a while to do it. So I only need a couple to complete it now. Not holding my breath on the Botcon stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Wasn't Springer a fan-made custom?
    yeah you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    My idea of a complete TFA collection is every characters Hasbro release (full scale for each toy bar BB where my preference goes to the activator) and the following:

-Custom Wasp made from an Activator Bumblebee (my favourite TFA character, I couldn't imagine my collection without the little fella)
    -All Botcon 2011 toys (as average as I find her bot mode, I really hope Minerva gets a commercial release...It's a horrible feeling knowing how unattainable this characters toy is )
    -TFCC Cheetor
    -Takara Blackout
    -Takara Soundblaster (deluxe)
    -Takara Activator Ramjet (nice going finding one, this is still on my to buy list)
    -Takara Jetpack Optimus & Bumblebee

As for toys like Elite Guard BB, Prowl & Prime, Black Takara Rodimus, the clear toys etc. I think they're ugly and pointless
    I think this is a good list and I agree with everything on it. The Soundblaster difference is subtle, so I think the Hasbro one is fine there (although I do have a Takara ACTIVATOR Soundblaster).

Fortunately for me, Fisatron, G2 Sideswipe and Toxitron from Botcon 2011 did not make my list. They're characters from different eras, were never feature din the fiction, and are utterly hideous.