Thread: Anyone tried removing Classics Megatron's wings yet?

Default Anyone tried removing Classics Megatron's wings yet?

At the Melb meet on Monday we were talking about this. I found the link to Jin's tutorial on how to do it:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsao.../Megatron.html

I want to try myself but don't have a dremel. Jaydisc suggested on Monday we use a knife. I'm an utter klutz so as much as I wanna try I want to know if anyone has tried it yet? Otherwise I think only Turtleboy has done it but he's all the way up in Albury/Wodonga

Sweet. That's the exact pic I was referring to. Don't take my advice. It has absolutely no basis.

JUST WOW, if Jin sees this, how much would it cost to mod a megatron like that?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I like Classics Megatron's robot mode and you can put the wings out of sight for most photos you want to take. But I'm a little annoyed how many flaws those wings cover in gun mode. Despite all the moves you make transforming him he doesn't make a complete gun until the shell closes around him. So basically I wouldn't want to take the wings off.

The method Jin describes still allows the wings to be used in gun mode. They would only be removed for robot mode.