Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyfair weekend comments.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Hmmm, a poll on allowing xenophobes perhaps...
    LOL. Thank you for getting my witticism Griff.

We wanted to make sure we respected their purpose for being there, and not have them regretting giving us permission to cover the event, so that it was win-win for everyone (we get access to the new info for the fans, and Hasbro gets some free publicity of their products).
    Yeah they should definitely appreciate the free publicity as you've given a preview to masses of potential customers now, whetting the appetites of us all.

Maybe next year they should pay you off in prototypes and test shots.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Thanks Griffin, Paulbot and Demonac! Silverbolt exclusive... yet another reason why Ozformers is NUMBER 1!!!

The coverage has been more prolific than I expected. As most have noticed, we had over 8,000 hits between the different Toyfair postings, each time downloading the photos in each one. This caused a drain on my server to the tune of 38Gb up to today, just for the month of April. In the last two days, we have had more bytes downloaded than in the three prior months (Jan-Mar). Since I have a 40Gb monthly limit, and there is still about 24 days left on this month, I paid for more bandwidth, so we can stay on the air. Yay!
    I was actually quite surprised to have one of the people from my host server phone me up a couple of hours ago to not only alert me to the rapidly shrinking amount of bandwidth remaining, but to also comment rather excitedly that I had eclipsed their previous record with their server clients. Admittedly, they aren't a big internet host, but it was obviously a big deal for them. I guess it gives their business a boost, statistically.
    At least this will all die down within a day or two. And then we can go back to being a small little fan community tucked away in the corner of the internet universe. At least until next April...

Thank you Griffin, Paulbot and Demonac for being there and your great reports and vids~!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The coverage has been more prolific than I expected. As most have noticed, we had over 8,000 hits between the different Toyfair postings, each time downloading the photos in each one. This caused a drain on my server to the tune of 38Gb up to today, just for the month of April. In the last two days, we have had more bytes downloaded than in the three prior months (Jan-Mar). Since I have a 40Gb monthly limit, and there is still about 24 days left on this month, I paid for more bandwidth, so we can stay on the air. Yay!
    I was actually quite surprised to have one of the people from my host server phone me up a couple of hours ago to not only alert me to the rapidly shrinking amount of bandwidth remaining, but to also comment rather excitedly that I had eclipsed their previous record with their server clients. Admittedly, they aren't a big internet host, but it was obviously a big deal for them. I guess it gives their business a boost, statistically.
    At least this will all die down within a day or two. And then we can go back to being a small little fan community tucked away in the corner of the internet universe. At least until next April...
    40gb in a week.. not a bad effort id say :P

just curious griff, in any old month without big things like this, do we ever get close to 40gb ourselves?

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Thanks to all the guys and Griffin, especially, for the work he puts into this board. I'll see u fellas all next yr now that I know there will be others.

Thanks alot for all the hard work you guys have put into this.

Getting the exclusive on all the US based sites and them going into hissyfits like that though must be Karma...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    40gb in a week.. not a bad effort id say :P

just curious griff, in any old month without big things like this, do we ever get close to 40gb ourselves?

George
    We usually average 2-3Gb for the whole month. For that to surge to 40Gb in 2 days, you can probably understand why the admin of the host server rang me up personally on a Sunday, half excited and half concerned, wanting to know what I had done. Hotlinking was a major cause, which I was mostly responsible for by posting the reports and photos to tfw2005, but I changed a server setting to block it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We usually average 2-3Gb for the whole month. For that to surge to 40Gb in 2 days, you can probably understand why the admin of the host server rang me up personally on a Sunday, half excited and half concerned, wanting to know what I had done. Hotlinking was a major cause, which I was mostly responsible for by posting the reports and photos to tfw2005, but I changed a server setting to block it.
    yeah, i could image the look on their face when they saw the figures

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"