Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if someone close threw out your TFs?

Default What if someone close threw out your TFs?

I think the article mentions that the mother threw away "some" of the figures.

My assumption was that she only threw some out, not the entire collection- but I could be wrong.

Anyway.. the story does raise an interesting issue- hypothetically:

What would you do if your /family member/partner/spouse threw out all or even some of your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post

Anyway.. the story does raise an interesting issue- hypothetically:

What would you do if your /family member/partner/spouse threw out all or even some of your collection?
    oooh that would be an interesting topic..... we'll get to see the violent sides of the people here hheheh, though I think that would be a topic best at the VS section
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

(copied posts from another topic, into its own)

haha, on this topic I was chatting with a cousin of mine that's the same age as me the other day. We're both at uni now but she confessed that when we were little (like 4) and used to go to our grandparents place and I was playing with transformers she'd break and then hide them so I'd play with her instead. We had a good laugh about it (and then I considered digging around my nonnos yard for my G2 Cyberjets which clearly would have survived the last 16 years)

You know, I never really thought about it, though some people have joked about it. Like when I was living at the in-laws for a while, all my stuff was packed up in the garage and my father-in-law always said he was going to put my transformers out on the street and sell the lot for $50. Always said that I'd kick his ass if he did, but he was never serious and neither was I.

No one close to me would have the guts to do it. I can't even imagine how I would react if it did happen. I'd probably hulk-out and turn green with rage
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's just such a despicably rude and disrespectful thing to do -- to just throw out something that you know is valuable to someone else.

I'd get pissed but since it's a family member, I'll probably just get over it but he/she will never have access to any stuff I own from then on. I'd probably just be civil but they he/she would never get any favors/help from me until I have really forgiven/forgotten what had happened.

If it was someone close, he/she have to make up for it big time or at least pay for the cost of the items or try to replace them.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

I have enough dirt on fellow family members that they would be too scared to touch my TF collection in case I spilled the beans about what they have been up to.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I think one of my primary school teachers threw out one of Micromasters. It's the only explanation I've come up with as to where Swindler disappeared to...