Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Animated Toy Sightings!

He is easily the weakest figure of Wave 1 (deluxe or otherwise) and there is going to have to be a pretty ordinary toy in upcoming lines to beat him.

I just hope that he doesn't turn alot of kiddies off the line, who will expect the rest of the figures to be as "meh" worthy as he is.

Wacth Lockdown sell much better when his episode gets free to air coverage.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I hope its not too presumptuous to quote myself, but that was from yesterday. I went into the same store today and BAM! All the Bumblebee's were no longer there, but the others were pretty much untouched.

Its happening again!!!
    Went to Kmart Kardinya last night and they were plentiful on shelf. It looked like they had 2 cases of Voyagers and 2 cases of Deluxes. The Voyagers were all there, minty fresh. I didn't count the Deluxes though but all the characters were there. No 2-pack though. Bought myself a Starscream, Lockdown and Voyager Megatron. Very happy with Animated toys.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    spotted on one and only 1 Blackarachnia deluxe at Myer - $24.95
    That's good news for all but bad news for me.

I have a full case of (4 x carded Ratchet and 4 x carded Blackarachnia) coming direct from Hong Kong to my Nexus Fair table.

Blackarachnia is still sitting by her lonesome at Melbourne's Myer (I saw it and decided to wait for a sale given her small size). They had Megatron and Bulkhead Voyagers (but no Starscream) for $44.95. Melbourne's Big W store had the two pack of Prime & Megs for $39.84.

Are you starting up a stall at Nexus? Good luck! What kind of things are you going to be selling? Will you be charging absurb prices like certain other sellers? :P

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Are you starting up a stall at Nexus? Good luck!
    Yes and thanks.

What kind of things are you going to be selling? Will you be charging absurb prices like certain other sellers? :P
    What would you like to see at my table?
    I believe I'll have the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Ha ha. No biggie. I reckon he's the weakest Deluxe of the 1st wave.
    That may be so (scalping of Bumblebee), but to the average young kid or parent, Bumblebee will be the priority character, even over Optimus. So the toy scalpers are going to generate demand for their overpriced stock by preventing most parents and kids from getting the toy at retail (and they know how much they made off Movie BB, to think that the same will happen with this new BB). Hopefully we see heaps of animated toys on the shelves to prevent this demand for alternative (ebay) sources.
    And with Bumblebee in the second wave assortment as well, it should be widely available for a few months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Are you starting up a stall at Nexus? Good luck! What kind of things are you going to be selling? Will you be charging absurb prices like certain other sellers? :P
    Let's put it this way. The cheapest I've seen of Encore Jazz in Perth was AUD $40. And I see no point of me having Encore Jazz on my table unless I can do better.

(Very sorry to drift from the topic... )

I saw the 2 pack and no other Animated at Big W in Kawana, QLD today. Toyworld Kawana has possibly the most impressive display of TFs I've ever seen . They would have had about 100 Voyagers and Leaders, mostly new stock. They had a wall of carded figures, again, mostly movie. Twas very impressive. They had the full lineup of Animated in good quantities as well.

I'm keen for Voyager Prime now. Black Arachnia is a good sign. Myer Maroochydore had no Animated, but says they're expecting them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I saw the 2 pack and no other Animated at Big W in Kawana, QLD today. Toyworld Kawana has possibly the most impressive display of TFs I've ever seen . They would have had about 100 Voyagers and Leaders, mostly new stock. They had a wall of carded figures, again, mostly movie. Twas very impressive. They had the full lineup of Animated in good quantities as well.

I'm keen for Voyager Prime now. Black Arachnia is a good sign. Myer Maroochydore had no Animated, but says they're expecting them soon.
    Did u ask them if they sell that quickly? I imagine they must for the retailer to have such confidence.

Oooh and did u see Voyager Prime?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection