Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

I just read the Wheelie Spotlight and the more it all seems out of place w/ AHM being in continuity. In the AHM Preview book back in April, it was indicated that Reflector and his three component robots would form part of the line up. In Wheelie's Spotlight they just bought the dust.

With that in mind, I'm more convinced that IDW are just pursuing a new independent story and trying not to alienate the existing fanbase. I mean, the Wheelie Spotlight was just one month prior to AHM. It'd be a major oversight to tell us they'll be appearing in AHM and killing them off in the Spotlight. And the more u look at IDW's AHM Decepticon line up, it screams first two seasons of G1 which is exactly what I believe they're going for.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    they just bought the dust.
    Bit the dust my friend...bit the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I just read the Wheelie Spotlight and the more it all seems out of place w/ AHM being in continuity. In the AHM Preview book back in April, it was indicated that Reflector and his three component robots would form part of the line up. In Wheelie's Spotlight they just bought the dust.
    Good point there, I'm certain that McCarthy pitched AHM as a stand alone, Evolutions style story, but IDW have shoe-horned it to partially fit in with Furmans existing universe.

That being said, if Reflector is to appear in AHM, we could assume that they will eventually end up on Wheelie's planet (meaning Wheelie has been stuck there for a very long time), or the more likely option that McCarthy has no desire to fit his story in continuity.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I think Wheelie was there a very long time. Optimus Prime received his distress call in Spotlight:Optimus Prime, and then Wheelie spotlight started with that message going out and then a significant time passed on that planet.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 28th August 2008 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Bit the dust my friend...bit the dust.
    I need lessons. I'm too fobby. Could u help?

And i have to look back at the Prime Spotlight, I don't remember seeign Wheelie. Great eye, Paulbot.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

You have confused the idioms "bit the dust" and "bought the farm." Both refer to someone being deceased although to "bite the dust" implies a more violent death, particularly in combat. Reference

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I think he actually attempted to put 'bit/bite the dust' into past tense.

Bit, bought.
    You can see how this could be done, albeit mistakenly?

I like it though.
    'Bought the dust'.
    I'm going to use it elsewhere and see if anyone picks up on it.
    And then use it so much and subvert others to its common use as to have it added it to the vernacular.

So anyway is it stone cold fact now that AHM is in the Furman-verse but with massive continuity errors?

Ryall, McCarthy say so. That's the official position.

But I say you should question that position very carefully in light with the continuity errors.

Try not to be too harsh on the guy people. He's living a fanboy dream in contributing to the official Transformers universe in some way, like Dan Khanna or Don Figueroa, or that aussie guy working for Takara.
    Unless we know for sure, give him the benefit of the doubt, in that it could have been a what-if story idea pitched to IDW (Megatron ruling earth unchallanged), and the comic company wanted to work it into their main universe.
    I think it would be a great opportunity for a real fan to have a creative input to Transformers officially, and we shouldn't take away from him that feeling of pride he must have.
    Try to keep criticism reasoned and constructive, with evidence, not mere opinions. Most of you have been doing that, and I'm not here to make a fuss. I just want to make sure it is kept civilised enough so that non-members don't see this place as a fanboy whinge-fest forum, and avoid it or complain about it to others.
    Thankyou.

As you've said, the criticisms here have been reasoned and constructive and backed with evidence. tbh if McCarthy is going to write a story then go on public record as saying that it's meant to be in continuity with what Furman's writing, yet create continuity conflicts, then he's going to attract criticism from readers.

I'm currently undecided as to whether I think this story is in-continuity or not. If McCarthy says it is, then I'm willing to believe him and give him the benefit of the doubt until at least Furman's current work with IDW G1 is completed - because there may be future events that Furman introduces that could make McCarthy's stuff make more sense.

Time will tell.