Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

Yes the AHM cast is 1984 revisted, and it is a shame since IDW had been doing good though with the assortments of characters. I liked that Hot Rod, Hardhead, Nightbeat were hanging on Earth with Prowl, Ratchet and Bumblebee (and that the former all had new Earth modes). I liked that the Decepticons on Nebulous included Thrust as well as Powermaster characters. I liked Hound's team of assorted Autobots etc.

I too thought the series was going to start with the conquering of Earth already taken care of.

Roller, the Dinobots limited series should show us the demise of the Machination, I think...

Thought I should mention when I spoke to Shane and commented how I enjoyed the 'reimaging' of Frenzy in issue 2, he replied about Perceptor showing up in issue 5 and that, 'He's a completey new take and design on the character'... to which I replied, 'Wow sounds cool, but I bet that'll be popular'... His reaction was not one of amusement.

All in all, I'm enjoying AHM... I don't know where the story is going and that is a good thing, imo. Plus, I'll support it so it doesn't end abruptly after 12 issues. Shane mentioned he's signed on for 3 series... but only if there is interest.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

So (sorry for the lack of finding out myself here but...) what is going on with the Furman titles/story of Infiltration, Stormbringer, Spotlights etc??

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    So (sorry for the lack of finding out myself here but...) what is going on with the Furman titles/story of Infiltration, Stormbringer, Spotlights etc??
    The current storyline across the four spotlights cyclonus, hardhead, doubledealer and sideswipe will wrap up the Revelations story arc of the Dead Universe. After that, Furman's next project is Maximum Dinobots which continues the story on Earth from the end of Devastation.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    His current storyline arc, Revelations, finishes with Spotlight Sideswipe, apparently. Kind of rushed since IDW switched gears to AHM.

To be released is Maximum Dinobots, which happens concurrently with Revelations.

After this Furman will move onto The Thirteen, which isn't connected to any particular continuity, yet is connected with all ofn them due to Primus and Unicron.

As noted above, Shane McCarthy takes over IDW's main G1 comics (spotlights and such).

I'd hate to break it to IDW but it looks like its too late for them. The September Sales figures came in and AHM came in at spot #139

139 15.68 $3.99 IDW Transformers All Hail Megatron 1 15,699

That's a bare increase on the 11,000 odd units that were selling for Escalation. A great decline for the franchise since the DW days and its even more so appalling given the success of the movie.

Source:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17852
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    As noted above, Shane McCarthy takes over IDW's main G1 comics (spotlights and such).
    Really? Isn't he like a noob to TFs comics, with just 2 published issues under his belt? Are IDW that impressed with this relative unknown, or is Furman just running out of ideas (pitched one too many Unicron stories to the editor perhaps)?

This was the only bio I could find (other than on his website), suggesting that he has been writing for comics for 4 years, but there isn't a huge list of his works that made it to print. Maybe he just does it in his spare time, or the list is incomplete.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_McCarthy
    Maybe IDW thought it was enough experiance to take point on their biggest (I think) selling title.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe IDW thought it was enough experiance to take point on their biggest (I think) selling title.
    Okay, I take that back. I looked it up and as big as TFs started out, they are now being beaten easily by IDWs Angel series (wraps up the loose ends of the axed TV show), Star Trek and even their Doctor Who comics.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay, I take that back. I looked it up and as big as TFs started out, they are now being beaten easily by IDWs Angel series (wraps up the loose ends of the axed TV show), Star Trek and even their Doctor Who comics.
    I don't blame you though. IDW's most notable books are TF. However, I think they've dropped the ball in terms of sales. I haven't liked certain parts of Furmans work but overall I've liked it. However, I don't think the mass market agrees and even the hardcore faithful aren't backing it up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I'd hate to break it to IDW but it looks like its too late for them. The September Sales figures came in and AHM came in at spot #139

139 15.68 $3.99 IDW Transformers All Hail Megatron 1 15,699

That's a bare increase on the 11,000 odd units that were selling for Escalation. A great decline for the franchise since the DW days and its even more so appalling given the success of the movie.

Source:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17852
    I should also add that this is not even factoring in the four alternate covers that comic industry experts suggest can add up to 10% of a books sales for a month. With that in mind, the book sold closer to 14,000 units. Yup, I think the damages been done.