Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Animated Ep17 - The Elite Guard

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Great episode and I got to say I'm hooked. After I watched this ep, i clicked on the RiD episode and found it to be unbearable.
    Although I overall liked the last 3 episodes, I am still not overall convinced about this series, the bad heavily outnumbers the good in my opinion and the bad wasn't just bad but it was freaking awful.

Until I see these sorts of episodes as the "Template" as STL puts it, I am not going to like it as a few good episodes does not make a good series.

I quite enjoyed this episode. It was a little bad for spelling out what is was setting up for the next 13 episodes or so, but I can tolerate that because it portrayed all the characters fairly well.

They did make it very easy to hate Sentinel, so I expect a big amount of character development for him (perhaps in conjunction with the 2 Academy bots he seems to have forgotten), to turn him into a more sympathetic character. Personally I'd like to see him change a little but remain mostly a jerk still.

Jazz was awesomesauce, having a more advanced Ninja will be fun, and his voice actor nailed his voice perfectly. Same goes for Magnus, he acts and sounds like an older leader, who still has plenty of battle nuance. Only slightly annoyed with his weapon, having a weapon that powers up from Thunderstorms makes no sense when Cybertron does not have storms...

Dinobots were underdone and took it far too easy on Sentinel, considering they were going to destroy him and all. Nice to know we will be seeing more of them due to Omega Supreme (whoops, I mean the Ark) being on Dinobot Island.

Was anyone else expecting Blurr and Wreck-Gar (if not more) to be on Magnus's ship? Considering he is the supreme Autobot Military Commander one would think he would have a larger contingent of soldiers at his immediate disposal, especially considering how inept Sentinel seems to be. I wonder how Blurr, Wreck-Gar and others will be arriving on Earth?

And good to see the Decepticons taking their time to recover, especially considering they seem to have limited resources in which to repair themselves. The Decepticons too must have back up troops coming to supplement them in the not too distant future, otherwise they will stand no chance against the ever increasing number of Autobots.

And kudos to all those who picked Sari was not human much earlier on in the series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I was always taught, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

Count me in the "Sentinel Prime is awesome" Club

and RE:Wreck-Gar not being on the ship
    SPOILERS
    He is created from the allspark, most likely a shard that hits a garbage truck.
    SPOILERS

dunno about Blurr.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I actually want to see sentinel confront black arachnia.

Yes, I also do see the character development happening where he'll become the "he's not that bad a guy afterall" thing happening.
    ________
    Suzuki re5 specifications
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:06 AM.

this episode intorduced new transformers, all with unique personalities , great for future episodes. Also the introduction of new story archs left alot of unanswered questions that will playout in future episodes. So overall good episode.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I thought Ironhide was supposed to be in the elite guard too?

I enjoyed this episode and I think in part if was because there were so many Transformers in it. I don't mind the smaller cast but I got a buzz from seeing the regular Bots, the Elite Guard and the Dinobots. And a group of Decepticons in their little cave. Ultra Magnus's G1-like voice was pretty cool too IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Only slightly annoyed with his weapon, having a weapon that powers up from Thunderstorms makes no sense when Cybertron does not have storms...
    Maybe Animated Cybertron does have storms? It was good to see a bit of Cybertron and I wonder if the series will get there eventually.

God i hate Sentinel Prime!

Plus damm Untra Magnus is cool!!!!