Thread: A few questions for current members of the Transformers Collectors Club

Default A few questions for current members of the Transformers Collectors Club

I just recently joined the club and was looking to buy a few things from the store when I saw the terms and conditions about foreign customers and how they have to fax a copy their credit card and photo ID to order.
    This has led me to ask a few questions that I hope someone may be able to answer.

1. How safe is this?

2. Do I have to fax this info before I place an order or after I place it?

3. If it is after I place an order, Will they send me more information about what to do?

4. I have never sent fax before , How hard is the process?

5. Do I have to wait around for a reply/confirmation?

6. Finally, Were would I be able to send a fax from?

Sorry if any of these seem obvious, Ive been searching for info on this for a while but haven't really found much info.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

1. Not too sure, but as long as the fax number is correct, it's a safe as any other method really.

2. I would fax it after the order, that way you will have an order number to attach it to. Plus, knowing the TFCC, their info is most likely old and you might not have to fax it in to them anymore. If they need it, they should email you and ask for you to fax it to them.

3. The answer to this question is entirely speculative and the answer will change based upon the results of question #2. So could be yes or no..

4. Over seas faxes are a bit of a pain, but just as easy as making a telephone call. Also try to avoid causing paper jams in the fax.

5. Not at the fax machine thats for sure. The fax machine will gove you a "fax sent/not sent" confirmation. The club should be able to email you. they at least know how to use email and if they want to converse to their customers via fax machines, they are crappier than even I imagined.

6. Go to the post office and take some Cash. Oh and allow a bit of time too.

I believe you only have to "prove yourself" once. If you've paid for your membership with credit card I don't think you have to prove yourself again. I certainly didn't when I placed recent orders, but I had previously purchased memberships and Botcon sets from them before they introduced this new rule.

Yeah, you'd think that the membership payment should be enough... which is odd that they would want different proof if purchasing from the store as a non-member.

Thanks for the reply's.
    It never occurred to me that they may be referring to non-member orders with this.
    I guess it looks like next pay I'll just have to go out on a limb and see what happens .
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

I joined for the P/CP and SG Cyclonus restock.... and didn't bother with the proof of ID.... and they never asked for it either