Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: November Acquisitions

Dam thats MINT! Read somewhere about the Classic Prowl with the diaclone stickers and been trying to find one for ages! But can't seem to find one

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Hooooly Toledo burgers! Very impressive hauls fellow bots, I'm especially loving that E-Hobby Astrotrain. *droooool*

My second G1 Prowl arrived today, that being the immaculate Classic Heroes Prowl (interestingly, this release has Diaclone written on several stickers). My second Prowl is the comparatively crappy Hasbro Commemorative release, and he's the one I'm displaying in the box (the quality is so much better on the Euro G1 toy). Another day, another Prowl. Everyone can just relax knowing the streets will be that much safer tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Ordered and paid for The IDW Collection #1 for $34.58 AUD shipped. If it lives up to my expectations I will order Vol 2 and 3 when Vol 3 comes out.

Does anyone know if Last Stand of the Wreckers will be in Vol 3 or 4 later on?
    Volume 3 doesn't even get to AHM, so LSotW is likely to be volume 4 or 5, as it would be after AHM, Coda, several spotlights, and some of the Ongoing and possibly Bumblebee series.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Ah, I stand corrected. Obviously I didn't read #150 when young (and probably never did read it)
    Really? Never? You should if you haven't - it's this one: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Transfo...8UK%29_150.jpg (rather subtly entitled 'The Origin Of The Transformers') and part 5 of The Legacy Of Unicron. Death's Head discovers the history of Unicron and the Transformers. (Later reprinted in issues around the two-hundred and ninety-something mark.)

From comments here and my own observations it seems impossible to get a scratch free Generations Blurr so I bought the best of the four at Chadstone today. It's not perfect but not that bad either and I want the toy for robot mode more anyway. Also got ROTF Hubcap while it was (finally) on sale for $12.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From comments here and my own observations it seems impossible to get a scratch free Generations Blurr so I bought the best of the four at Chadstone today. It's not perfect but not that bad either and I want the toy for robot mode more anyway. Also got ROTF Hubcap while it was (finally) on sale for $12.
    I don't like the Idea that when I finally find Blurr he's gonna be scratched. Oh well. fingers crossed when I go hunting tomorrow.

The Blurr I got is fine, but had mine imported. Only gripes I have are some of the paint is not the greatest, but barely noticable anyway. Maybe we got all the rejects

Paulbot: I saw a bunch of Blurrs at Parramatta Kmart yesterday (yeah, I bit far for you I know) and about half of them had scratched bonnets and the other half didn't. I thought about whether or not I should get a non-scratched Blurr and refund my scratched one... but in the end decided that I CBB.

But even if the bonnet and car mode surfaces are unscratched, you may experienced a scratch on one of the robot mode parts, like on my TFCC Dion

Interesting seeing people talk about the Diaclone stickers on Prowl. I missed out on the original Prowl in 1984, but I got Classic Prowl in 1990 - so that was the one I grew up with, so to me it's "normal" for him to have Diaclone on his stickers. Did the original Prowl have the Diaclone stickers too? Maybe it's only the recent reissues (e.g. TFC, Hasbro Commem.) that don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Paulbot: I saw a bunch of Blurrs at Parramatta Kmart yesterday (yeah, I bit far for you I know) and about half of them had scratched bonnets and the other half didn't. I thought about whether or not I should get a non-scratched Blurr and refund my scratched one... but in the end decided that I CBB.
    I can't see how you could justify (to yourself) returning a toy because it has a scratch on it. It's not broken - basically it means one would be denying someone else a toy (because I doubt it would be resold) for cosmetic reasons. Of course, if it was Blurr's mouldmate I can see how it could be returned.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: So what's wrong with your toy?

TRANSFAN: It's...

This message has been interrupted by the Sky Shadow moderating bot. We now return you to your regular posting.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Dam thats MINT! Read somewhere about the Classic Prowl with the diaclone stickers and been trying to find one for ages! But can't seem to find one
    It was the first one I'd seen so I thought I'd jump on it (speshally as it was from OZ). Reason behind his good looks...

From seller: "Has spent almost all its life in a cardboard box, with almost no exposure to air, moisture or sunlight."

Not bad eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Really? Never? You should if you haven't - it's this one: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Transfo...8UK%29_150.jpg (rather subtly entitled 'The Origin Of The Transformers') and part 5 of The Legacy Of Unicron. Death's Head discovers the history of Unicron and the Transformers. (Later reprinted in issues around the two-hundred and ninety-something mark.)
    argghhh... i stand corrected again. Now that I see the cover, I know I actually have that issue. Bought it off the newstand when I was young. I am getting old.... (and shoot me for not doing my research before answering).

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    It was the first one I'd seen so I thought I'd jump on it (speshally as it was from OZ). Reason behind his good looks...

From seller: "Has spent almost all its life in a cardboard box, with almost no exposure to air, moisture or sunlight."

Not bad eh.
    he needs some playtime...