Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

leave scathing negative feedback for the seller? Ultimately it's cavaet emptor I suppose. :/

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post

And the whole "this TC is of better quality than the official release" is just crap to me. Yea mine had a problem with guns falling out of his arms, but that was an easy fix. Shouldn't have to do that, but I am willing to with an official figure.
    Although this by no means justifies getting a KO, it does annoy me greatly that the KOers are better at QC than the legitimate piece in which we have paid Takara-Tomy good money for.

I think that as a loyal customer who buys legit products from Takara-Tomy despite hefty prices and avoids Knock offs , that I have every right to be peed off at this.

Forking out $80-$120 for defective figures from the 'Big Name' manufacturer and then have a greedy a$$ KOer come around later and do it much better at a cheaper price from some hole and I am supposed to just be happy with my defective purchase just because it's legit? I was under the impression that the real deal, specially an exclusive was supposed to be better than the 'cheap a$$' KO

Anyway rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Although this by no means justifies getting a KO, it does annoy me greatly that the KOers are better at QC than the legitimate piece in which we have paid Takara-Tomy good money for.
    True in some cases, but even Karnival Primes KO was worse than mine. It is probably not true across the whole board, but he got a bad one.

Forking out $80-$120 for defective figures from the 'Big Name' manufacturer and then have a greedy a$$ KOer come around later and do it much better at a cheaper price from some hole and I am supposed to just be happy with my defective purchase just because it's legit? I was under the impression that the real deal, specially an exclusive was supposed to be better than the 'cheap a$$' KO :rolleyes
    Is that how much they were charging when he came out? I don't know, I had to buy mine after market, which cost me a bit.

That being said, I still prefer to buy a legit figure, even if the KO is cheaper and of better quality than the legit. I just don't like buying KOs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    True in some cases, but even Karnival Primes KO was worse than mine. It is probably not true across the whole board, but he got a bad one.

Is that how much they were charging when he came out? I don't know, I had to buy mine after market, which cost me a bit.

That being said, I still prefer to buy a legit figure, even if the KO is cheaper and of better quality than the legit. I just don't like buying KOs.
    If I had know this scenario was going to play out, I wouldn't have gotten neither. It kind of feels dirty to have bought the real thing now after this.

But you just never know how it plays out until it's too late.

Anyhow, my only QC problem is with the peg not fitting. Fixed how I normally fixs things that are too loose. Minor problem for me to have the set of seekers.

Forking out $80-$120 for defective figure
    I don't think it's fair that you judge the Big Name manufacturer based on your aftermarket price. The figure was intended for domestic only release in Japan and if my memory serves, was priced at approximately US$30-35.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I don't think it's fair that you judge the Big Name manufacturer based on your aftermarket price. The figure was intended for domestic only release in Japan and if my memory serves, was priced at approximately US$30-35.
    Doesn't change the fact that they got it wrong while the KOers got it right.

Not necessarily. All this is based on someone else's opinion, and I'd rather have them side by side to judge.

Doesn't change the fact that they got it wrong while the KOers got it right.
    I'm not commenting on that (I don't have the KO), but since the item's price was part of the complaint, I just think the actual price of the item should be known.

And unless I've misunderstood, Karnival Prime seems to suggest the KO didn't get it right (bolding mine):

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Just received my KO Thundercracker from KOTOYS.

+ Cosmetically he looks fantastic
    + Paint apps are great
    + Will sit nicely with his mates Starscream, Ghost, Skywarp, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust and Acid Storm
    + Both missiles fit correctly in launchers unlike video review

- Left wing is loose and does not sit up against his back well
    - Neither of his guns stay on his arms but are both tight on wings and in hand
    - Back panel does not sit "flush" in robot mode
    - Left hand/wrist is limp
    - Both feet fold down too far and can cause figure to fall backwards
    - He is not the real thing
    Actually, it seems the KOers got a lot wrong.

Looks like all the versions of the Classics Mirage are getting KO-ed now that they have created the mould to do it in any colour - Walmart Fracture is the latest appearing.