Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Questions Thread

Anyone installed one of these in their house? Is a great idea but at nearly $40 a pop + shipping I'd like some assurance that they are of decent quality.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

It does seem like a good idea however most USB devices now come with a powerpoint adapter (plugs onto the USB cord).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Considering a move from iPhone 4s to a Samsung Galaxy 4... Am quite attached to my apps though, but nothing I've read is really making the case for the latest iPhones being all that great. I have an Android tablet and haven't been wowed by that o/s either. Anyone made the switch and would recommend, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Anyone installed one of these in their house? Is a great idea but at nearly $40 a pop + shipping I'd like some assurance that they are of decent quality.
    I've never used one,
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It does seem like a good idea however most USB devices now come with a powerpoint adapter (plugs onto the USB cord).
    and 5FDP makes a valid point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Considering a move from iPhone 4s to a Samsung Galaxy 4... Am quite attached to my apps though, but nothing I've read is really making the case for the latest iPhones being all that great. I have an Android tablet and haven't been wowed by that o/s either. Anyone made the switch and would recommend, or not?
    I've only ever used a Samsung, first an S2 and now an S4.
    I'm generally very happy, the S4 does have issues with managing a 64G SD card. it tends to drop it once a week or so.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it as a phone and smart device.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I suppose it'd be fun to have one in your workstation.
    It'd be woefully misplaced if it wasn't at desk level.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

does anyone know of any good and preferably cheap hotels around Yokohama in Japan? the closer to it's Chinatown the better

80,000 Km service - where to do it? the manufacturer service centre will charge me $800 for it.

Where do you recommend?

Saw this - http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/ but no idea about the recommendations that came out. Roughly around $550.

I have a problem with my Internet. I'm hoping one of you can help cause I've got no idea.

The issue is that sometimes certain websites don't load. I don't get an error or anything it just acts like it can't find that server. This is intermittent, for example:

- Sometimes OTCA will load fine and TFW won't. Sometimes vice versa. 5 minutes later all will load fine or it will be others that refuse to load. The SDRO website refused to load for about 5 minutes today so that shows how random it can be.

- A lot of images won't load and this seems fairly consistent, especially on boards and images that are linked from photobucket accounts and whatnot

- It doesn't matter what device I use. In my house there are 2 laptops, 2 iPhones and an ipad and they all experience this issue when connected to my home wireless. When I switch to 3G on my phones the issue vanishes.

- I can no longer download comics from the Comixology app on the ipad, nor can I update apps on my iPhone. It just comes up with a download error.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there are more issues. I have tried cycling power and restoring factory defaults on the modem. I have changed nothing recently (in fact before this issue it was about 6 months since I even logged into the modem). And the fact that it happens on all my devices says that it is either a modem problem or an ISP. I don't have easy access to another modem to test so I would basically have to buy another one.

Oh and google searches have been fruitless.

Help we OTCA-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    80,000 Km service - where to do it? the manufacturer service centre will charge me $800 for it.

Where do you recommend?

Saw this - http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/ but no idea about the recommendations that came out. Roughly around $550.
    I've only ever had my Suby serviced at Subaru. some are more expensive than others, what does the $800 include? if it's a major service, that might include a new battery and tyres. or other major components.

It's possible that the one you linked to will be fine, they might save money by using aftermarket parts instead of Manufacturer parts.
    I don't know. I struggle to trust a lot of people in the automotive industry.

I have a problem with my Internet. I'm hoping one of you can help cause I've got no idea.

The issue is that sometimes certain websites don't load. I don't get an error or anything it just acts like it can't find that server. This is intermittent, for example:

- Sometimes OTCA will load fine and TFW won't. Sometimes vice versa. 5 minutes later all will load fine or it will be others that refuse to load. The SDRO website refused to load for about 5 minutes today so that shows how random it can be.

- A lot of images won't load and this seems fairly consistent, especially on boards and images that are linked from photobucket accounts and whatnot

- It doesn't matter what device I use. In my house there are 2 laptops, 2 iPhones and an ipad and they all experience this issue when connected to my home wireless. When I switch to 3G on my phones the issue vanishes.

- I can no longer download comics from the Comixology app on the ipad, nor can I update apps on my iPhone. It just comes up with a download error.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there are more issues. I have tried cycling power and restoring factory defaults on the modem. I have changed nothing recently (in fact before this issue it was about 6 months since I even logged into the modem). And the fact that it happens on all my devices says that it is either a modem problem or an ISP. I don't have easy access to another modem to test so I would basically have to buy another one.

Oh and google searches have been fruitless.

Help we OTCA-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.
    I'm not a massive computer guy but it looks to me like you might have an issue with your connection or your router/modem.
    how old is it?
    do you use naked DSL or do you have a voice line into your place? It almost sounds like you've been throttled or have packet loss issues.

they are suggestions, I'm not overly sure about diagnosis. If you have a voice phone line plug just that in and see if you can get a clear line.
    if yes, gradually include each other component on your line seperately and check again. this includes your ADSL splitter.
    I had an ADSL splitter fail once before. I can't remember the symptoms but I remember being frustrated.

If you find any item that causes your voice signal to get staticy then that is most likely your problem and needs to be fixed or replaced.

worst case scenario, there might be a problem with the wiring in your residence.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The wife and I were talking this morning and we both remember a childrens show from when we were kids (mid to late 80s, maybe earlier) that featured a snail with the lid of a steel garbage can on its head. That is all we both remember.

Anyone else remember this or even better, know the name of the show??