View Poll Results: RtS Legends Megatron - Worth buying?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 84.38%
  • Only if cheap

2 6.25%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.13%
  • No

2 6.25%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Legends Megatron

Default Toy Review - RtS Legends Megatron

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Megatron (Gen1)

Series - Reveal the Shield
    Sub-line - Hunt for the Decepticons
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 4 (RtS wave 1)
    Released here - December 2010
    Approximate Retail Price - $6-10
    Approximate Size - 8cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Handgun
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none
    Main Colours - grey, black, red
    Main Accessories - none

NOTE - as reminded below, this (small) figure actually comes with an orange cap on the barrel, as per US toy-gun laws. Images below are (deceptively) promotional, or a late change before production.

Last edited by griffin; 17th December 2010 at 12:51 PM.

The only one i actually want of the 4 new legends figures. (but only if he's not orange capped.)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    The only one i actually want of the 4 new legends figures. (but only if he's not orange capped.)
    They're all orange capped. The pics above are early promotional ones before the change. The only chance to get one without the orange cap would be to see if / when TakTom release it.

Despite this, he's an awesome little toy. Glad I got him.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This toys awesomeness knows no bounds! Streamlined transformation, very solid feel and the bot and alt modes just speak for themselves. And look at all that silver! And actual decent shades of grey! Bravo Hasbro, this toy is perfect (I even like the orange cap ).

A little to the left... a little bit more...

This is one of the best Legends ever made! And, actually, I think it's one of the best Megatrons in years. I love, love, love it!

My only gripe is the obvious... Hasblow's orange (Hope we see a Japanese repaint)

The mould itself is perfect!

I think it's worth getting, but I have some issues with the toy.

1: The orange muzzle sh*ts me something chronic. I almost never modify my toys - I like to keep them the way HasTak made 'em, for better or worse. But in this case, I seriously wanna get some silver paint and cover up that _awful_ looking orange. The orange also bleeds beyond just the muzzle and also spills onto the adjoining part of the barrel.
    2: The gun barrel itself, on top of having an orange cap, is cheap Hasbro grey(TM).
    3: I don't like how the robot stomach is visible in gun mode, and there's a big gaping hole on the bottom of the slide.

There are some nice parts of the design. Overall it does transform from a fairly G1-accurate robot mode to a handgun. The way that the barrel becomes the fusion cannon is a clever touch. The way that the legs form the grip and trigger and the way that the left hand becomes the hammer is also well done. Smallest Megatron is way better engineered, but Legends Megatron is far sturdier and doesn't fall to pieces as easily during transformation and play. And of course, Smallest Megatron contains all kinds of very small parts that easily break of, and thus don't conform to child safety standards (IIRC Smallest TFs were marketed at Ages 15+) -- so while on a technical level Smallest Megatron is a better crafted toy, Legends Megatron offers better play value (especially for kids).

I still don't see why it was necessary to paint the muzzle orange though. Surely at that size (and with the exposed robot stomach and gap in the slide) Megatron's no longer a replica firearm. And if he _were_ a replica firearm, then I'm surprised that Hasbro were able to get away with making it at all, even with an orange cap. Isn't that the reason why Hasbro was never able to reissue G1 Megatron or release their own version of Masterpiece Megatron, even with orange caps?? I don't get it.

Yes - if I could find one.... not yet mass released around west parts
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I got mine from TRU Castle Hill

I love this figure and Peaugh has posted a video of how masterpiece starscream can hold him. Bit goofy but cool how hasblow thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/user/peaugh?b.../5/MeXQFIf_UOg
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    1: The orange muzzle sh*ts me something chronic. I almost never modify my toys - I like to keep them the way HasTak made 'em, for better or worse. But in this case, I seriously wanna get some silver paint and cover up that _awful_ looking orange. The orange also bleeds beyond just the muzzle and also spills onto the adjoining part of the barrel.
    2: The gun barrel itself, on top of having an orange cap, is cheap Hasbro grey(TM).
    3: I don't like how the robot stomach is visible in gun mode, and there's a big gaping hole on the bottom of the slide.
    I agree with much of what Gok has said. Although, the gun barrel is orange plastic, painted grey, which I find odd, unless its a way to stop people from scratching off the orange.

I was really excited for this toy to start, the robot mode is cool, but the gun mode.. er well.. It's nice to see a gun mode again, but the gap at the end and, yep, visible stomach made me go "Oh..." somewhat. Needless to say, I will be hunting down a taktom one when he gets out.