Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: January stuff

My first purchase of the year (and for the final few months of last year as well!)
    Bit of an old one, but have been ummm'ing and arrr'ing over him for a while, and needed a fix of plastic since Highbrow's arrival seems to be taking forever... (or is that just me?)
    Pretty happy with him (Tomahawk, not Highbrow) - its quite a good mold, and I especially love the extended axe arm thing. Very cool.
    Missiles need to be chopped and hip joints need clear nail polish.

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Well, I got my Protector armour today. And I think that's it for me until Reveal the Shield stuff starts popping up....

Two boxes today, one from Japan containing a sealed set of Japanese United

as well as two Japanese Hailstorms

and a box from Robot Kingdom containing the Japanese United I wanted to open

Interesting note - Cybertron Mode Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee come with tech spec cards (or similar) - have been shown in reviews. The toys from Japan had these cards while the order from Robot Kingdom didn't. It made deciding what version to open (along with the very bad paint apps and errors on each version) very very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    It made deciding what version to open (along with the very bad paint apps and errors on each version) very very hard.
    So the Takara United toys have bad paint apps and errors like the Hasbro ones? That's going to disappoint people who expect Takara toys to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So the Takara United toys have bad paint apps and errors like the Hasbro ones? That's going to disappoint people who expect Takara toys to be perfect.
    Oh yeah!
    If I could get my camera to macro, then I will take some pictures - one of my Soundwaves is just awful.

I just received a TFCC Punch and some painted kabaya sets - Dreadwind, Darkwing and Chromedome.

Now have to decide whether to display Dreadwind and Darkwing with my Dreadwind/Darkwing display or with my Overlord base display...

Courtesy of board member jimoinj, arriving in the post today:

Classics Ultra Magnus
    Classics Skywarp
    Classics Starscream
    Cybertron Unicron
    Energon Starscream G1 Redeco

gaaah, missed out on that Cyb Unicron VP... twood've been my 8th "Unicron acolyte" heheheh

ah well I got good stuff as well from jimoinj - thanks dude!

TPB - Tf graphic novels - Beginnings, New Order and HC Matrix Quest ( Im really loving the cover art!!)
    Energon terrorcon insecticon ( for army building mwahahahaha)

and thanks to Skullcruncher, for these
    G1 Onslaught - I had an extra double cannon so it's perfect as I wanted a 2nd set of combaticons - now only a second swindle remains!!
    G1 Blast off - metal chest so nice!!

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hmm... the paint apps for my United Soundwave is damn well done all round.

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    I just received a TFCC Punch and some painted kabaya sets - Dreadwind, Darkwing and Chromedome.

Now have to decide whether to display Dreadwind and Darkwing with my Dreadwind/Darkwing display or with my Overlord base display...
    Nice painted stuff. Overlord base display I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Interesting note - Cybertron Mode Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee come with tech spec cards (or similar) - have been shown in reviews. The toys from Japan had these cards while the order from Robot Kingdom didn't. It made deciding what version to open (along with the very bad paint apps and errors on each version) very very hard.
    Has anyone else brought from RK?? Maybe the tech spec cards are hidden from view when sealed... Like a variant packaging, why would they do this....this is really disturbing.....
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion