View Poll Results: RtS Lugnut - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 75.00%
  • Only if cheap

3 10.71%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.57%
  • No

1 3.57%
  • Not interested

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Lugnut

Default Toy Review - RtS Lugnut

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Toy Review - Lugnut

Series - Reveal the Shield
    Sub-line - n/a
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - not at this time (released globally Nov 2010)
    Approximate Retail Price - $45-50
    Approximate Size - 20cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Long Range Bomber
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Launching Missile, Spring-loaded arm conversion (Punch Of Kill Everything - P.O.K.E.)
    Main Colours - Two tone olive green, purple, red.
    Main Accessories - missile

Not sure why they wasted the effort of having a missile launcher on this toy, as it's pretty much useless in both modes. It points out the back of the plane mode, and points up at the sky in robot mode (after you position the entire back-pack section to stick way out the back).
    And the legs are too big for the plane mode, leaving the entire back half with a disjointed appearance of two mismatching sections and gaps.
    I'm not a fan of Animated Characters being copied into the Movie Universe, especially when their Animated toys don't really need any improving. As such, this is like Classics Cheetor or Dinobot, in that the 'new and improved' isn't better than the original.
    Last edited by griffin; 9th January 2011 at 07:40 PM.

Totally agree with Griff in regards to the missile - total waste of time and resources, they should have spent the money elsewhere.

This guy is just plain awesome!

Nice transformation with probably one of the best, if not the best usage of wings converting to arms/hands seen.

He has excellent articulation and can be posed in plenty of action poses, which do need to be adjusted and balanced properly due to him being quite top heavy.

The other cool gimmick is his spring loaded fists/hands that allow him to 'punch'.

Overall, 8.5/10 - one of the better Voyager sized toys

Comparison pic of Animated Lugnut and RtS Lugnut please? I'm curious as to how they compare size-wise, so it'd be interesting to see them side-by-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Comparison pic of Animated Lugnut and RtS Lugnut please? I'm curious as to how they compare size-wise, so it'd be interesting to see them side-by-side.
    If you ask Sky Shadow nicely, I'm sure he will be more than happy to share his love of Lugnut with you and fulfil your request.

Default Four Lugnuts!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    If you ask Sky Shadow nicely, I'm sure he will be more than happy to share his love of Lugnut with you and fulfil your request.
    True.

hmmm, somehow I thought the RTS one would be bigger.... guess not. SLightly taller yes but not bigger as in Voyager big.....like say Onslaught or Powerglide.... still its fine.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Behold the cult of Lugnut.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ....like say Onslaught or Powerglide.... still its fine.
    That's because those two aren't Voyagers liege, they're Ultra Class.

Default RTS LU-6 NU-7 Review -Part1

This and Highbrow are the only two things I'm looking to get at retail before DotM hits

(MPM-01 Starscream and MP Rodimus will be ordered off t'internet at some point)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.