View Poll Results: Gen Scourge - worth buying?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 94.44%
  • Only if cheap

2 5.56%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review - Generations Scourge

That does look sweet. I will more than likely display him like that.

There were 7 Sweeps?

I thought there were only 3 (not including Scourge).

(EDIT: Did some research - there could be more than 7 apparently, only 3 of them "have been graced with defined personalities and identifiers, namely Sweeps Two, Six and Seven")

Anyway, I was planning on getting a United version to represent Scourge and 3 Hasbro ones to represent his armada - no one else better copy me now!
    Last edited by Vector Prime; 16th January 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Anyway, I was planning on getting a United version to represent Scourge and 3 Hasbro ones to represent his armada - no one else better copy me now!
    Nah mate, I think you were copying me on this one

"His wings open up to be the batwing-esque shapes ala the cartoons! His coolness just went up a few notches alright!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    That does look sweet. I will more than likely display him like that.

oh yesh so want to start sniping these at retail, i think three is enough
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

nice! i think i just realised a configuration to use with the Sea Mini-Con Team, better informative pictures than the big TF websites
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Thumbs up Great homage...

Well I finally received my Scourge today, so I thought I would post a few thoughts.

To start off with, his alt mode is very cool and everything is tucked away neatly with little (if any) indication of robot bits underneath.

The transformation is a little bit fiddly but is very well thought out and has quite a few surprising twists and turns (done without reading the instructions).

In bot mode, he's a very nice homage to G1 Scourge (awesome head sculpt) and displays reasonably well with Galvatron & Cyclonus.

My only gripe is that he's a bit short, but otherwise he's definitely a cool toy and a must buy.

8/10 (would be a 8.5 but his lack of height bothers me)

Interesting. I didn't realise he was that short. You wouldn't happen to have Titanium Scourge would you? I'd really appreciate a side-by-side comparison shot of them to see the height difference.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Interesting. I didn't realise he was that short. You wouldn't happen to have Titanium Scourge would you? I'd really appreciate a side-by-side comparison shot of them to see the height difference.
    Nope... sorry mate. If you wanted a height comparison shot with anything in the Classicverse range I can help out with, but I don't collect the Titaniums.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    There's really no comparison between the two IMO -

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

IIRC, Titanium Series were developed entirely by Hasbro (their Galoob division), whereas of course Scourge would have been developed with TakaraTOMY. Hence why Titanium Series TFs pretty much suck. I just get them for characters for which there are no alternatives (e.g. Dark Ages The Fallen, War Within characters etc.). I did get Scourge though cos someone was selling him loose for cheap. Can't wait to get RtS Scourge... besides, I got the Fracas Mini-Con standing around with nobody to binary bond to.