Thread: The Kyle Appreciation gifts (from Ozformer members).

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Kyle Appreciation gifts (from Ozformer members).

(only just noticed, buried in the Perth meet topic, that Kyle got his pressies from the donation drive that was held a few months ago - this intro post is just being slotted in before editted COPIES of the relavent meet posts)

Many know about this with the donation drive a few months ago, but through most of the second half of last year, Kyle was organising the City Commander bulk-ordering, and absorbing a fair bit of cost (and time) to it. So a few people started thinking that he should get something in return for all his selfless efforts to the fans. 1orion2many started chasing up donations, to get enough money together to buy Kyle something nice, provided it wasn't something he already had. And that was the tricky bit. Fortunately it wasn't too difficult to ask discretely what was on his wishlist, and the Clear JP Car Brothers 3-pack was one that was currently available online. Also, Kyle's interest in Beast Wars toys was another, cheaper option.

The donations came in quite fast, as many of you (who were approached in secret), were keen to offer money to the cause. I think we ended up raising about $500. (yay!)

I wasn't aware that he was going to be getting the toys at last weekend's fan meet. And I didn't know exactly what 1orion2many manage to get in addition to the 3-pack. But it was good to see this work out, and reassures the dozens of you that donated ages ago, that we did indeed get something from it for him. It probably took a little longer than expected, but the resulting happy transfan is all that matters.

Thanks again to all those who donated.
    Last edited by griffin; 24th February 2009 at 02:39 PM.