Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

This photo was taken on June 18th (the first day of the in-store sale) at the Garden City store, by member Justowen... just to show how some stores got a lot of stock, while others didn't.
    (last sighting a few days ago reported only a couple left, so these are probably all gone now... hopefully most didn't end up going to one person to scalp online)

Katoomba only received 2

I bought mine online during the first day of the sale during that short period where I could, and while the website was saying only one store in Victoria had some. It was shipped out of SA but from an industrial area near the airport (a Big W distribution centre I guess) rather than a store.

SS Sentinel Prime Construction scrapper spotted at Big W Craigieburn.

Last edited by griffin; 27th June 2020 at 03:19 PM.

More people are finding SS Voyager Sentinel and Scrapper at BigW stores for $35, as it is one of their regular size classes (the Leaders are unlikely to restock as they aren't a regular product line for BigW).

Also... since the sale is on for 2 more weeks, which means 2 more weeks you can use their catalogue for price-matching (if you find a store with something you need that price-matches), and if you still need a copy of the toy sale catalogue, check out a Woolworths... as the one near me has hundreds of copies at their registers.

I used ebay price beat to get the leaders but only good if you intend to buy more from eBay since they refund the difference in a voucher

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I used ebay price beat to get the leaders but only good if you intend to buy more from eBay since they refund the difference in a voucher
    I haven't heard of this.

How easy was the verification process? Did it have to be the exact item, or did they work of the price class?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I haven't heard of this.

How easy was the verification process? Did it have to be the exact item, or did they work of the price class?
    its been going on for a few months now but expires today
    https://pages.ebay.com.au/buy/Best_Price_Guarantee/

you just have to go into chat and ask if a item can be price beat before you purchase it if it can be they will generate a voucher for you after you buy it.
    it has to be the exact item but i was able to do a single earthrise optimus leader listing to the bigw selected at random listing, just keep trying different chats if someone says they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Operative294 View Post
    SS Sentinel Prime Construction scrapper spotted at Big W Craigieburn.

Thanks for posting this. Just picked up Scrapper from the Dapto store.

Just need Scavenger and Overload now. Seems the leaders are scarce, anyone know of any Scavenger sightings?

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Just need Scavenger and Overload now. Seems the leaders are scarce, anyone know of any Scavenger sightings?
    I'd recommend getting Studio Series Leader toys online (like Amazon), as the are really unreliable at retail here. The ones at BigW for their toysale are wave 2 from 18 months ago... and we haven't had any of the later waves here.

- - - Wave 2 (JAN 2019) OUT ASIA JAN - US JAN - HERE (limited release)
    - SS-34 (TF3) Megatron(Decep - tanker truck - new) w/ Igor (figurine)
    - SS-35 (TF2) Jetfire (Auto - stealth jet - new) (can combine with SS-32)
    - - - Wave 3 (AUG 2019) OUT US AUG - NOT HERE
    - SS-44 (TF3) Optimus Prime (Auto - truck with trailer - remould VOY SS-32 with new trailer)
    - - - Wave 4 (OCT 2019) OUT ASIA DEC - NOT HERE
    - SS-55 (TF2) Constructicon Scavenger (Decep - excavator - new) (part of Devastator)
    - SS-56 (TF3) Shockwave (Decep - Cybertronian tank - new) with Brains, Wheelie & Paratrooper (figurines)
    - - - Wave 5 (NOV 2020) (possibly out in Asia last month)
    - SS-66 (TF2) Constructicon Overload (Decep - long dump truck - new) (part of Devastator)

It's almost like someone at Hasbro knew that something bad economically was going to happen in 2020 (the virus) as they only had planned ahead to release just one Leader toy for 2020, compare to 5 planned and released in 2019.