Page 280 of 870 FirstFirst ... 260270275276277278279280281282283284285290300 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 8691

Thread: NSW Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    TRU info is so haphazard... really makes me miss the old days when they'd let customers go into the back rooms yourself to check palates. Yes... a friend and I used to do this -- they'd let us in there and crack cases open while still on palates and we'd pick toys straight out of them! I got one of my Transmetals that way, might've been Depth Charge. But that was in the 90s... they sure don't do that anymore.
    Is this during the retail golden age?

Sounds like a mutually beneficial endeavour - for the collector it must have been like Christmas morning (or an addict getting access to a crack lab), and for TRU it meant free slave labour

Probably nowadays it'll be an OH&S issue, can you imagine the compo claims they'd get slapped with in this day and age where people are suing Coles for a packet of crisps dropping on their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja
    Probably nowadays it'll be an OH&S issue, can you imagine the compo claims they'd get slapped with in this day and age where people are suing Coles for a packet of crisps dropping on their heads.
    +1. HAHAHA, a packet of crisps has cause tremendous pain and anxiety to me as they fell and caused me to have a paper cut on my head, i don't think i will be the same ever again. God Damn you Arnotts!!!! I'll see you in court.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I was going to say it was a loss prevention issue but an OHS issue is just as likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    @LCO: I'll take one if that case comes through.
    Pm me what you want and I'll see what I can do

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You know, I've been wondering about this. Are we doing a scalpers leg work for them with these threads? I don't want to get off topic but surely there are people that only join the forum to watch the sightings thread so as to assist them in their scalping. I know I would if I was a complete toss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    That's why I decided to post that to share the info with those we know to try to avoid helping scalpers.

Maybe the sightings thread should even be in reserve section?
    And We can share with the public after a couple of weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Agree in principle but dependent on who you restrict views to, I am only a basic member on here but would be at a loss if I didn't have the network of sightings you guys provide
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    If you have PM capability, it should be ok.
    Membership ranking goes up pretty quick.

I guess the ranking can start up from 3, if stuff is getting sold out ... the ranking restriction may have to go up.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion for now.
    The access level to the sightings section is something that has been raised before... but it is a difficult balancing act to have the board look open and inviting enough to attract members, but not too open to have people/scalpers take advantage of it. It was suggested to have a separate section for sightings of rarer items that is only accessible by higher ranking members... but we don't have a lot of rare items that are high enough demand to attract scalpers, and it would pad out the board too much if we keep adding sections that aren't used much.

There are still no listings on eBay Australia for MP Thundercracker or Optimus Prime.

It's known that scalpers and non-members use the sightings threads, but so far it's just one jerk at a fair with a MP Optimus. Not like the scalping problems we faced with the 2007 movie line.

And on the flip-side there are collectors who don't want to sign up to this site who see us as the problem, the reason they can't find stock anywhere.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Not a sighting but I spoke to the manager at Kiama Toyworld about FoC Soundwave and Soundblaster. She had no idea but wrote down the details and is now emailing the Hasbro Rep so heres hoping. She asked me how many to put aside. I said the entire case as Illawarra people are chomping at the bit.
    I'll let you know when I find out more
    Tell them to order 2 cases lol, I wonder if Toy World Ulladulla will get any

Hey guys just came from parra TRU.

Not sure how many they have, but there was 1 case of mp thundercrackers and I pulled 2. No sign of mp primes for the sale...

I grabbed an extra tc in case, so anyone going to parra fair and wants an mp tc let me know- same price as retail- $80.

Gdmetro I'll take that extra TC off your hands. I'll be at the Parra fair.