Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

wheelie - i saw one at myer but the headlights werent painted. should they be?

the bumper lights are not coloured, but the others are.

I got Dune Runner yesterday.

He's deceptive. He looks like an average car Transformer, but in some ways, he's not.

The sculpt is very detailed, especially in robot mode. He could almost be an Animated toy, since he looks like a hippy, particularly with the car front forming baggy pants. While DR has a traditional Autobot symbol, he also as a NEST-style one, with a sword through it.

What's especially interesting is that he has a primitive automorph. Moving the sides of the dune buggy out to form his arms swings in one of the back wheels onto his back.

If it weren't for the sheer novelty of Ransack, Dune Runner would be my favourite Scout.

After seeing ROTF Supreme Devastator in box at Kmart and Doubledealer's awesome photos of them in various modes and compared to their other versions...

---------------------------------------

Wow... the more I see of Supreme Devastator the less I want him. The Voyager and Deluxe vehicles look better and except for Demolishor, are scaled better too. Supreme Long Haul looks too small and Supreme Mixmaster looks too big (and "stout").

On the plus side I think the airbrushing on Supreme Rampage's shovel looks well done and the scale on Scavenger is better than that on Demolishor; as we know, Demolishor and Scavenger were just eff-off huge in ROTF and next to the other Constructicons we don't get that sense of scale with the Voyager or Legends. It personally doesn't bother me, but for those who do care about stuff like that I guess it's good for them.

Unfortunately this appears to be offset by Scavenger's awful Fisher Price colours. They're equally tacky on Legends Scavenger, but at a $7 price point I can easily forgive it on the Legends.

...really can't justify spending money on this set.

I got thrust today, Im super happy with it. My only gripe is that his face is kinda hard to really make out, the new headmold is too simple in colour and shape and it feels to small. But other then that I'm happy, especialy with his apearance in jet Mod, I really like the way the colours look and fit in that mode.
    I never got brakeaway because I didn't like his couler scheme but I herd alot love for the mold.

I finally had a chance to take Buster Prime out of his packaging today. I was already a fan of the ROTF Leader Prime mould (which is unusual as I usualy dislike leader toys) but this guy aces him in almost every way.

Sure he only has 3 new components, but the paintjob outclasses the old toy in every way. I know we've all seen the photos, but saturation from the flash means they don't quite do him justice. He is a nice metalic colour almost all the places where ROTF Prime was hasbro grey except internal parts. He has a chromed grille in truck mode, his flame markings are all outlined in white and perfectly neat. His blades are partialy transparent orange plastic with the sheath part painted a base metal colour. his Autobot symbols are both painted movie accurate. other details have been painted such as the blue on his lower torso. And to top it all off they didn't even use the same coloured red or blue plastic. Buster Prime has a deeper red and darker blue than his predecesor. the Red and Blue are much nicer IMO and look more G1, I had no problem with ROTF Prime's colours but he starts to look a little pink when you stand them next to each other.

the gun is awesome to, one of the best disgiused weapons designed for a TF in a long time, sure beats those Binaltech engine guns.

And just to top it of the instructions are actualy more detailed than Hasbro's, and include photos for some of the more tricky parts

Still I can't quite give him a 10 out of 10, he still had some QC issues, namely that the silver paint on one of his blades has run a little bit, and he still has the annoying chest clip in issues. I know sevral people had problems with the tabs on ROTF Prime's chest. I can't say I ever did, the ones on my Prime work perfectly and flip in and out like clock work. Buster Prime's tabs however seem to have some mould degredation issues and are more bulbous than the older Prime's. So much so that unsloting them from the chest became quite scary. In the end, to prevent damaging them I decided to mod him and drill a small gap at the top of the slots in his chest, so that the chest tabs come out without a fight, and you can't actualy see where I've modified him in either mode anyway.

Still, even with these issues with my toy, he is still awesome. the Paintjob is top notch, and thanks to a bit of luck he only ended up costing me as much as a local leader. And to my mind this is one leader Class toy who is worth every cent of his RRP. if only all leader class toys could be done like this.

is BattleChargers Optimus worth buying? i saw a few of him at my local kmart but he didnt flip back into his truck because it wouldnt fit. is this figure just broken or has everyone seen the same thing?

Scout Breakdown has a pretty nifty conversion. I'm very happy with it. I can see a tonne of repaints with this mold and if only they changed the head and a few of the leg and arm detail in bot mode. This can easily pass for a Universe/Classics repaint.

Legends Wheelie is pure awesome. The conversion is pretty wicked for its size. The bot mode looks great and the alt mode is spot on bar the robot kibble visible on the rear. But for its size I wouldn't complain. Going to get a second one of him

Legends Soundwave has a very solid if chunky bot mode with a rather complex conversion with the arms going on. The sattelite mode is ok and probably a little more accurate than the deluxe version to the movie model.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_217 View Post
    is BattleChargers Optimus worth buying? i saw a few of him at my local kmart but he didnt flip back into his truck because it wouldnt fit. is this figure just broken or has everyone seen the same thing?
    BC Optimus seems to have a design flaw that prevents almost all figures I have come across, from being able to work properly. Either the pop-up section doesn't stay down, or it doesn't release when the bumper is hit.
    The one I ended up buying is in the first category, in that it doesn't stay down too well, unless I slam it in really hard for the tabs to catch and hold.
    Just keep looking for one that works best I guess.

Opened ROTF Dirge today, and I'm quite a fan. Another solid Jet Transformer with a decent looking alt mode free from huge undercarrige syndrome.

He's much more of a hommage to G1 than previous ROTF toys I've picked up. futhering my belief that future TF's will be part of the mergiverse than merges G1 and movie aspects together. I believe this can be seen not just in the movie line, but lines like the Alternities too.

At any rate now that IMO ROTF has 3 solid Jet transformers and one passable one I think I far prefer it to movie ones toy line. I'm a scuker for a decent jet TF.

I may even buy the inevitable Ramjet repaint.